Aspose.Words.Document.UpdateFields set toc tab leaders to dot

Hello,

we are using Aspose.Words 11.0.0 (hopefully soon 13.7.00) to convert WordML documents to different output formats.
Before saving the converted documents we update all fields (Aspose.Words.Document.UpdateFields) including the table of content.
After the UpdateFields call the toc tab leaders are always set to dot leaders
even if in the original document for example underscored leaders are defined.
The origninal Word document is created with Word 2010. Both the original and the converted (from docx to docx) documents are attached.
This behavior is also tested with Aspose.Words 13.7.0.0.

Example code:

Aspose.Words.Document wordDocument = new Document(sourcePath);
wordDocument.UpdateFields();
wordDocument.Save(targetPath, SaveFormat.Docx);

original document:
The tab leaders are only defined at the paragraph nodes and not inside the style definition.

converted document:
The w:leader attribute is set to dot after update toc and saving document.

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards

Ingo Gutzeit

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for reporting this problem to us. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.7.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-8848. Your thread has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

is it possible to get more information about the status of the issue WORDSNET-8848. For example, the version for which the ticket is scheduled and other infromation (maybe I could get access to the ticket system).

I need to know when the bug is fixed because we are thinking about buing a new licence.

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards

Ingo Gutzeit

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no direct way you can track issues by yourself. But, you are welcome to ask your issue status via forum threads. We will verify the status from our internal issue tracking system and reply you back.

Unfortunately, your issue (WORDSNET-8848) is still unresolved. The responsible developer has completed the analysis of this issue and root cause has been identified. However, the priority of the issue is lowered because this is a very rare case and it requires us to do a deep investigation to find out the best way to mimic the behaviour of Microsoft Word. So, currently, we cannot provide you any timeline regarding this issue. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8848) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.