Aspose.Words .docx - How to get images list

Hi Tim,
Thank you for additional information. I am afraid, it is not quite clear for me did you manage to resolve the problem or not? Could you please clarify?
Best regards,

Yes, I was able to resolve the problem.

Hello, it is great that you found solution. If you need more assistance fell free to ask.

Hi, I’m just checking to see if there are any updates to this issue. We are looking to wrap up development of our next product release by end of Q2 and would like to see this functionality working by that time (ideally, implementation of a DrawingML.ImageData.SetImage(Stream) method). Internally this problem is rated the highest of the Aspose issues we have, regarding impact on our product.
Thanks,
Jeff Montgomery

Hello,
Thank you for your request.
Unfortunately both issues are not resolved yet. I will add these requests to my monthly report, it will increase the priority of the problems. We’ll keep you informed of any developments.

Hi alexey. I’m using DOCX file with mail merge funcionality. Using the alternative you suggested above (saving to DOC), will i lose may mailmerge items inserted in DOCX?
Best regards,
Nuno Jesus

Hi alexey. I’m using DOCX file with mail merge funcionality. Using the alternative you suggested above (saving to DOC), will i lose may mailmerge items inserted in DOCX?
Best regards,
Nuno Jesus

alexey.noskov:
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for your request. No, you will not lose any content or formatting upon converting document from DOCX to DOC. However, you should note that some features supported by DOCX format are not supported by DOC format. As in case of DrawingML, all DrawingMLs need to be converted to Shapes upon converting because DOC format does not support DrawingML. The same with Themes, DOC format does not support Themes, so formatting applied via Themes will be converted to direct formatting applied to text, when you convert DOCX to DOC.
Anyways, the output DOC file should look the same as the original DOCX. If you will find some inconsistency, this should be considered as bug. Please report us in case of any issues.
Best regards,

Hi. I’m using DOCX file with mail merge funcionality. Using the alternative you suggested above (saving to DOC), will i lose may mailmerge items inserted in DOCX?
Best regards,
Nuno Jesus

aske012:
Hi there,
Thanks for your inquiry. Currently there are no public members to access the properties of a DrawingML node. We will be adding access to these properties sometime shortly. I have linked your request to the appropriate issue, you will be informed as soon as it’s resolved.
In the mean time you can still achieve what you are looking for by first saving your document in DOC format in memory, reloading it and using your code above. Please see the code below.
Document doc = new Document(dataDir + “Images.docx”);
// Save document as DOC in memory
MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream();
doc.Save(stream, SaveFormat.Doc);
// Reload document as DOC to extract images.
Document doc2 = new Document(stream);
NodeCollection shapes = doc2.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Shape, true)
Thanks,

Hello
Thanks for your request. You do not lose any of your mail merge items. Please let me know in case of any issues. I will be glad to help you.
Best regards,

Hello. Is there any news about this “issue”?
It was very usefull. And urgent :slight_smile:
Best regards
Nuno

Hi Nuno,
Thanks for your inquiry.
Good news, this issue is resolved and in the next release you will beable to get and set the image data of a DrawingML object. This means you will no longer need to use the work around once the next version is released.
Thanks,

Hi.
First of all, thanks for your help.
I have been testing the ASPOSE.Words component and if it answers all our needs, I will recommend it to my boss for use in our software. But he will ask me when will come that new realease. Do you have any ideia?
Thanks in advance,
Nuno

Hi Nuno,
Thanks for your request. The new version will be release later today or tomorrow.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4791) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(3)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4333) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(13)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3958) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

(8)