Aspose.Words does not respect Table of Contents field switches

Hi,

We have an issue with Aspose.Words not respecting the field switches for the Table of Contents (ToC)

I have attached a document with the issue.

Sample Document.docx (30.4 KB)

The ToC field code is as follows:

{ TOC \h \z \t "Schedule Heading,1,Deed1,1" }

In MS Word, updating the ToC produces a correct result

In Aspose.Words, running UpdateFields() brings in Heading6 items which is incorrect.

You then need to open the document in MS Word and run the update again to fix which is a problem.

I have tested with 23.4 and 23.5 but it’s likely this issue has been around in previous builds.

@GaryO
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSNET-25409

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hello,

Can you let me know when this issue will be resolved, as the latest 23.6 library does not include the fix for this issue and this bug is critical?

Thank you

@GaryO Unfortunate, the issue is not resolved yet. Currently it is in analysis. We will keep you updated and let you know once the issue is resolved or we have more information for you.

Hi @alexey.noskov,

I’ve noticed this status is now closed. Does that mean a fix will be in 23.7?

@GaryO Yes, the issue is already resolved in the current codebase. the fix will be included into the next 23.7 version of Aspose.Words.

@alexey.noskov Great thanks.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-25409) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 23.7 update also available on NuGet.

1 Like