Aspose.Words features

I am working as a consultant on a project and have been asked to generate a word document from inputs provided via a web application. I saw your products and would like help building a case to support its purchase. I have several challenges ahead of me of which I listed some below. If you could help me clarify how Aspose.Words would help solve these issues we might have a sale. Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.
· Table header spans columns
· Is there is a template driven model to create sections of the doc like the cover page
o Can the end user upload template snippets to be used?
· Compare and highlight differences between original and modified document
o Part of the workflow will be to capture changes from end users and highlight those changes.
· Formatting & Inserting html text into word – we have a Web UI Rich Text Edit control which allows the user to add html formats and we are trying to determine the best way to translate that into word style. The only good thing is that it’s a limited set of html format (a subset to what the Hotmail RTE has). How would/should I accomplish this?
· Is there a way to create Hover text like in html with an atl text for an anchor tag but without using a hyperlink?

Hello!
Thank you for your interesting questions.
You can accomplish all the tasks you are asking about with Aspose.Words. Some of topics should be more specific. So at this point I can give only general answers on them.
1. Table header spans columns
Yes, you can either merge table cells horizontally or create one wide cell for a header. For merging CellFormat.VerticalMerge and CellFormat.HorizontalMerge properties are used.
2. Is there is a template driven model to create sections of the doc like the cover page
Yes, you can build your application on the template-driven basis. We can help you develop the logic for particular cases.
2.1. Can the end user upload template snippets to be used?
Yes, they can if they are aware of the rules your program assumes for templates.
3. Compare and highlight differences between original and modified document
There is no built-in comparison functionality. But comparison can be implemented externally dependent of particular comparison criteria and we can help you in development if needed.
3.1. Part of the workflow will be to capture changes from end users and highlight those changes.
See above. I think there wouldn’t be difficulties to build a custom solution.
4. Formatting & Inserting html text into word – we have a Web UI Rich Text Edit control which allows the user to add html formats and we are trying to determine the best way to translate that into word style. The only good thing is that it’s a limited set of html format (a subset to what the Hotmail RTE has). How would/should I accomplish this?
Yes, it is possible to insert HTML fragments in documents. It is done with DocumentBuilder.InsertHtml method. Trying to determine and translate formatting to MS Word styles most probably will require custom coding. If you plan to have limited set of HTML formatting patterns that’s not a problem.
5. Is there a way to create Hover text like in html with an atl text for an anchor tag but without using a hyperlink?
Yes, it is possible with ShapeBase.ScreenTip property.
You can start evaluating Aspose.Words right now. Please feel free to ask any further questions. Your feedback is very important for us. Here is the link to the download page of the latest version (Aspose.Words 5.2.0):
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Regards,