Aspose.Words for JasperReports - support for headers and footers

I sent this email to your sales staff because I didn’t want to go through the effort of signing up for your forum. They bounced me to the forum anyway, even though this a sales inquiry. I almost gave up after spending 15 minutes getting myself registered, etc.

In any case, here is my question:We have a set of Jasper Reports that export to Word and other formats via the built-in Jasper exporter. We find that this exporter produces fixed page headers and footers that do not adjust when users edit the page contents. Could Aspose.Words for JasperReports solve this problem for us? Are the headers and footers created by exporting through Aspose “real” Word footers that follow the normal Word page formatting?

@mlinehan

You can modify the header and footer of Word document exported by Aspose.Words for JasperReports. We suggest you please try the latest version of Aspose.Words for JasperReports 19.7.

If you still face problem, please ZIP and attach your .jrprint file along with expected and problematic output documents. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.

I guess I didn’t make myself clear. We do not currently use Aspose.Words for JasperReports. I am asking to get a sense of whether this product will solve our problem, in order to decide whether to spend the effort to modify our code to use it.

My question is not about changing the header and footer. My question is about changing the body of a Word document. Will the headers and footers get reflowed correctly so that they remain at the top and bottom of each page? Will page numbers get updated?

@mlinehan

Please note that Aspose.Words for JasperReports exports the JRXML into Word document according to your JRXML. You can use our product for document export.

Our product exports the header, footer and body content of JasperReports correctly.

Yes, the page numbers are updated according to page in output document. We suggest you please read the following article.
Inserting Fields

Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for JasperReports 19.7.