Aspose.Words for Java: wrong date after Pdf conversion of "DATE merge field"

Version Aspose.Words for Java 4.0.3.0

A document template containig a ‘normal’ mergefield with the current date
<< DATE @ "dd. MMMM yyyy" * MERGEFORMAT >>

When generating a Word document (some dynamic data is added) the date is correct e.g. 5. March 2012.
When generating a Pdf document (of same template) the date is wrong, e.g. 14. February 2012.

The Pdf conversion seams to messup with the date…
For the same example whe doing it on 1. March the date in Pdf was 21. February 2012 - unclear what the logic behind is…

Is this a known bug fixt in newer version?

Hi
Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry.

With Aspose.Words v11.1.0, I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. v11.1.0. Moreover, please read the following article on How-to: Migrate to Aspose.Words 10.5 or Higher:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/

Also, I have attached the input/output test documents here for your reference.

If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

The upgrade to v11 (or v10) is quite big step. We would like to avoid having to update/check all document templates. Is this a known Bug which was fixed in a release? Exists a known ‘workaround’ for this issue?
It’s a mayor issue for our customers. As the document templates are distributed at the customers locations an update of all templates would be a time consuming effort…

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry. The Aspose.Words library version you’re currently using is pretty old. There were some breaking changes behind the scenes to the API in between versions 4.0.3.0 and 11.1.0. However, this issue seems to be resolved in Aspose.Words 7.0.0 release. You can find the details regarding the changes in the 7.0.0 version on the download page here. Moreover, I am afraid, I can’t suggest you any work around for this issue. I would recommend you simply upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. Please download it from the following link:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net

Best Regards,