Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word - Installation fails on requested type error

I’m getting the error message shown in the image attached. Can anybody tell me how I can get round it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

Thanks for your request. To install and run Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word make sure you have the following software installed:

• .NET Framework 2.0 or newer
  • Microsoft Office Word 2007 Service Pack 2

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Have .net framework 3.0 installed and word sp2.0

Does the message indicate a screw up in the .net framework. Could re-install the lot I suppose.
TQ

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Could you please provide me more information about your environment: OS, .NET version, MS Word version? Does the error occurs only on this machine or it also occurs on other machines?

Best regards.

Hi Alexey

OS is a fully up to date XP Pro. Word is part of Office Pro 2007 - all at SP2.

.net is at 3.0 (went to 3.5 shortly before trying aspose.words, and uninstalled it again, just in case). Haven’t tried it on other PCs, but only this PC has 2007 which is what I write on).

If this is missing .dlls, what should I be looking for and where?

Could it be a registry error - pointing at wrong location. Am game to hack as fully backed up to a mirror image.

Everyone says you guys do the best EPUB conversion from Word, so very happy to try to solve this if poss - 4 me and 4 you.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I have the same environment here on my side and I can successfully install Aspose.Words for MS Word.

Could you please try running MSI installer with /lv flag as shown below:

msiexec /i Aspose.Words.MicrosoftWord.msi /lv log.txt

and attach log file here. Maybe this will help to understand why the problem with installer occurs on your side.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey

Attached is the log file. Hope it makes more sense to you than it does me!

wbw

David

Hi David,

Thank you for additional information. I found that MSI installer error 2262 occurs during installing. Please see the following link for possible solution:

Best regards.

Hi Alexey

Well I had a nose around error 2262, starting from your link.

I established very quickly that there are no security restrictions on folders or files involved with my install attempt.

I then found this blog Visual Studio Setup which seemed to suggest that 2262 can often be a slightly misleading error message (how often has that been true?)

I don’t know what to do now. It is as if there is some file missing in the installer library.

Would still very much like to give aspose.words for Word a go.

wbw

David

Hi David,

Thanks for additional information. Have you tried reinstalling/repairing MS Word? Maybe there is something wrong with your copy of MS Word.

I do not think that something can be missed in the installation package. MSI installer works fine on my side and a lot of customers already use Aspose.Words for MS Word. There must be something with your environment.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey

Well I’ve repaired Office 2007 (though no probs reported) and I’ve run a full chkdsk and I’ve sucessfully installed aspose.words BUT alas aspose.words.microsoftword continues to fall over.

Any other thoughts? Or should I look elsewhere for an epub filter? Have you got a zip file with a setup.exe?

wbw

David

Hi David,

Thank you for additional information. Unfortunately, I have no more ideas why MSI installer does not work on your side. I checked it on two hardware PCs and on Virtual machine, it works without any issues on my side.

Does the installer still fall with the same error message?

Best regards.

Yes - fails with exactly the same message.

I’ll try it on a different PC sometime. Thanks for your efforts.

Hi David,

Thank you for additional information. If you would like just test conversion capabilities of Aspose.Words, you can download Aspose.Words for .NET and use it to convert your documents. For example using the following code, you can convert a document to EPUB:

// Open document.
Document doc = new Document("in.doc");
//Save output document.
doc.Save ("out.epub");

You can download the latest version from here:

Best regards.