We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose Words for .NET further testing

Hello, I have downloaded the demo and done some testing of Aspose Words for .NET. In my testing I have found that Aspose Words is 12x or more faster than Word Interop, which we are currently using. We do a lot of document generation in our system, including XML conversions, merge fields, etc. Compatibility is a very important issue – I would like to generate several documents with Interop and Aspose Words and compare the results; xml and binary .doc formats. The evaluation version adds text and truncates the document, so I’d like to request a temporary license key to do this testing – Would you mind sending me one? Also, can you give me a heads-up on how likely it is that documents generated with Aspose Words and Interop will match on a 1:1 binary compare?

Thanks,

This message was posted using Email2Forum by ShL77.

Hi
Thanks for your request. If you want to test Aspose.Words without the evaluation version limitations, you should request a 30-day Temporary License. Please refer to
https://purchase.aspose.com/temporary-license
Best regards.

Although we do try to write exactly as MS Word writes, at times it is too impractical for us and therefore binary documents will never match with MS Word byte to byte.
For example, MS Word most of the times writes text as single byte strings and specifies encoding, but we, for simplicity, always write as Unicode. Both are valid ways to write into binary DOC.

Thanks for the quick response - that sounds like it will work. Can you tell me how closely Word’s XML output matches Aspose’s XML output?
Thanks.

Our XML and RTF output matches MS Word quite well. We routinely compare line by line. Textual compare most of the time gives very easy to look at comparisons. There are differences of course here and there, for example z-index values for shapes that we generate are different from the ones generated by Word 2007.