Aspose.Words for RS 4.1.0 Performance issue (slow TimeRendering)

Hi Aspose,

I noticed that my reports have performance problems after migration to aspose.words for RS version 4.1.0. Before migration I used 2005 rdls with Aspose.words for RS version 3.3.1.

I attached report.

My steps:

I have a simple rdl with only one TextBox.

I generate a report three times than connect to RS database and run query: “SELECT * FROM [dbo].[ExecutionLogStorage]”

TimeRendering result:

1. 1545 ms
  2. 1037 ms
  3. 1136 ms

With old version of Aspose, TimeRendering was about 1- 10 ms.

I used AWDoc format.

Please take a look. What could cause this? Is it possible to raise the performance?

Thanks in advance!

Sviat

Hi Sviatoslav,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario while using latest version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 4.1.1 with ‘SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio’ and have exported the RDL to Doc/Docx less then a second.

Are you checking this performance issue while exporting the RDL (e.g Doc/Docx etc) or Rendering of RDL?
It would be great if you please share the steps to reproduce this issue at our end. We will then provide you more information about your query.

Hi Tahir,

Please see STR:

RS 2012

1. Go to RS 2012 ReportManger (http://localhost/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx)
  2. Click “Upload file” and upload attached RDL file. (PerformanceIsuue2012.rdl)
  3. Open PerformanceIsuue2012.rdl file.
  4. Click export to “DOC - Word Document via Aspose.Words”
  5. Go to SQL Server Mangment Studio and connect to “ReportServer” database for RS 2012.
  6. Run Query - “SELECT TOP 5 * FROM [dbo].[ExecutionLogStorage] ORDER BY TimeStart DESC”

RESULT: Please take a look on “TimeRendering” column:

1020 ms
1028 ms
1028 ms

RS 2005

1. Go to RS 2005 ReportManger (http://localhost/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx)
  2. Click “Upload file” and upload attached RDL file. (PerformanceIsuue2005.rdl)
  3. Open PerformanceIsuue2005.rdl file.
  4. Click export to “DOC - Word Document via Aspose.Words”
  5. Go to SQL Server Mangment Studio and connect to “ReportServer” database for RS 2005.
  6. Run Query - “SELECT TOP 5 * FROM [dbo].[ExecutionLog] ORDER BY TimeStart DESC”

2 ms
2 ms
2 ms

I attached Excel document with results.

Thanks,

Hi Sviatoslav,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I will setup the SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 at my side to test the shared scenario. As soon as everything is setup, I will test the issue at my end and will post the results here for your kind reference.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Any updates?

Hi Sviatoslav,

Thanks for your patience.

I
have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue
at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in
our issue tracking system as WORDSRPT-172. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Could you please test the same scenario with some large RDL files and share your finding here for our reference? Please let us know if you face the same performance issue with small and large RDL files.

Thanks Tahir.

Yes, I face the same performance issue with small and large RDL files.

Hi Sviatoslav,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

It would be great if you please share RDL file which contains large contents here for our reference. We will investigate the same issue with large RDL on my side and provide you more information.

Tahir,

I don’t have sample RDL file which contains large contents, I have only project RDL files which i cannot share. But you can be sure that I checked the performance of them and faced the same issue.

Sorry for delay.

Sviat

Hi Sviatoslav,

Thanks for your feedback. We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Tahir,

Please test the same issue for DOCX renderer.

STR:

1. Go to RS 2012 ReportManger (http://localhost/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx)
  2. Click “Upload file” and upload attached RDL file. (PerformanceIsuue2012.rdl)
  3. Open PerformanceIsuue2012.rdl file.
  4. Click export to “DOCX - Office Open XML via Aspose.Words
  5. Go to SQL Server Mangment Studio and connect to “ReportServer” database for RS 2012.
  6. Run Query - “SELECT TOP 5 * FROM [dbo].[ExecutionLogStorage] ORDER BY TimeStart DESC”

1033 ms
1029 ms
1027 ms

Thanks,

Sviatoslav

Hi Sviatoslav,

Thanks for your inquiry.

I
have exported the shared RDL to Docx using v 3.3.1 and v 4.1.0 and have managed to reproduce the same issue
at my side. I have logged this detail in our issue tracking system. We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Aspose Team,

Are you still looking into this issue?

Thanks,

Sviatoslav

Hi Sviatoslav,

Thanks for your inquiry. We are in communication with our product team about the status of this issue. As soon as any information is shared by them, we will be more than happy to share that with you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.