Aspose Words for SSRS 2005 not installing

Hi,

I’ve tried to install the Aspose Words for Reporting (for RS2005) on both Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2003 R2. Both have reporting services installed, they handle rendering extensions, no problem. I have full admin rights on both boxes.

As per the FAQ, I’ve checked all the items, but still it gives me an error about not being able to install it. It doesn’t get further than asking me for the installation folder. Then it sits for a bit, and finally fails with an error message and a code (2869).

Then it tells me to try and install it manually. Instructions on how to do so on your website refer to copying DLL’s I can’t get to (because the installer fails).

Is there a zip file with JUST the binaries available - no MSIs inside it? Alternatively, is there an install log file somewhere that I can use to determine what/where it broke?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi John,

Thanks for your query. Please download the zip version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 3.4.0 and install it manually by following steps mentioned here. Let me know, If you still face problem.

Thanks Tahir, I will do! I’ll let you know either way!

Hi Tahir,

That link doesn’t have any downloadable versions of the software in a zip file. The only one it does have downloadable an MSI. It’s the only one with a “Download” button next to it.

There’s a lot of links to different versions below it (one of which does appear to indicate that there’s a ‘latest version’ zip file available to download), but clicking on it simply reloads the page.

I’m not sure if there’s any value to be gained by displaying all those other versions if they’re not available for download? So, unfortunately that’s no use to me at all.

I did re-download the MSI file from that link you gave me, a few minutes ago, onto a third PC, and it actually installed (even tho I don’t have reporting services installed on this one). I’ve managed to get to the binaries that way.

I’ll follow the rest of the instructions for the manual install, and see how we go…

Thanks!

Hi John,

The download problem might by caused by the fact that there has not been new releases for a while. We are working on a new release of the product that will be uploaded to the server in a few days, until the end of January. Sorry for inconvenience. I am attaching a zip version here to my post, although you seem to have accessed the dlls already.

Regarding the initial problem with failing MSI installation, I remember I saw similar requests earlier, but I am not sure if it is logged in our defect database. I would ask Tahir or another support person have a look into it and link your request if it’s present.

I also remember that the MSI was successfully tested on several different systems. However, we will tests it on some virtual machines with different versions of Microsoft Windows again.

Thank you.

Hi John,

I successfully installed the Aspose.Words for SSRS by using MSI installer on window server 2003 and windows 7. So there is no issue with MSI installer. Please use the zip version of Aspose.Words for SSRS shared by Dmitry and let us know, If you still face problem.

Thanks Dmitry and Tahir,

Not sure what the problem was with the MSI, must be something to do with the way some of these boxes have been set up…

Anyway, since I managed to get the binaries from a third install elsewhere, and get them installed, you’ll be pleased to know that it works flawlessly, and does exactly what it says on the tin. Very impressive, and very well done! Kudos to your development team!

Thanks again for your prompt responses and assistance!

John.