We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Words.Java enable the users to reply to a comment

Dear all,

I have add several comments to different paragraphs in my document. the document is exported and sent to different users. The users will modify it and then sent it back. Is it possible to add a drop down menu to each comment which enables users to select the “reply” or “delete” the comments?

Thanks in advance,
Marzie

Hi Marzie,

Delete comment is part of dropdown menu if you open the document in MS Word. As far as reply comment is concerned, this feature was introduced in MS Word 2013. If a user opens the document in MS Word 2013, he will see reply comment option.

Best Regards,

Dear Muhammad,

Thanks for your answer. The problem is that I have to use the “ALLOW_ONLY_FORM_FIELDS” attribute to protect the document from any changes. So, the menu for the comment is disable in the MS word. I wanted to add manually a menu for the users to reply the comments. For example by selecting the “reply” option, a text box will be open and the users add their comments. While I have used the above attribute, the form fields such as CheckBox, TextBox, ComboBox,… are editable and can be changed by the users.

Thanks in advance,
Marzie

Hi Marzie,

A new feature request to support this feature has been logged into our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-12445. We will keep you updated on this issue in this thread.

Best Regards,

Hi Marzie,

We are sorry to inform you that this feature cannot be implemented. When you set ALLOW_ONLY_FORM_FIELDS, it means only form fields can be edited. Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word and if we support this feature, it will have a contradiction with MS Words so it is not possible to support this feature.

Best Regards,