We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Words license file no longer working in Production

Hello,
We are having an issue with the license file for Aspose.Words. We have been using the same vb code to set the license for all 10 months since we bought the product. This code has not changed and has been working fine until today. Last night we rebooted our app server and we are now noticing the red evaluation text on any word docs created with Aspose. We have not changed any code in at least a month.

We have our program running in a test environment on a different server, and we do NOT have the issue there. It really seems to have to do with the reboot that was performed last night, as strange as that sounds. This is very difficult to debug because we are not seeing the issue in our development environment, only in production.

We are very sure that the code we are using to set the license is correct and is definitely called upon Application Start, because it has always worked:

Sub Application_Start(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
Dim license As Aspose.Words.License = New Aspose.Words.License
license.SetLicense(“Aspose.Words.lic”)
End Sub

We are using version 4.2.6.0. Please help!

Thanks!



Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry. Here are some points to check:

· Make sure your call to SetLicense gets executed. Step through in the debugger.

· Make sure your code does not catch and silence an exception thrown by Aspose.Words licensing code. For example, Aspose.Words will throw if it cannot find the license.

· Make sure the input documents do not already have the evaluation message. Aspose.Words does not delete existing evaluation messages.

· Make sure SetLicense is executed before you instantiate any Document object.

You also can write information to the log during executing code and then find where code fails.

Best regards.

I had a good feeling that you were going to tell me to do that. I read these steps on the other forums and I tried to tell you it was not code related.

I restarted the application and it fixed the problem.

Thanks…