Aspose.Words_Mac.Xamarin

Any word on why the Aspose.Words for Xamarin.Mac is listed as obsolete on NuGet? Here’s the link

My company already uses Aspose.Words on the windows side and wants to use it in a Mac desktop app we have but aren’t having much luck. Any idea when/if this will be available? Any feedback would be appreciated.

@joshperrla,

Starting from 17.12 release, Aspose.Words for Android via Xamarin, Aspose.Words for iOS via Xamarin and Aspose.Words for Mac via Xamarin have become part of Aspose.Words for .NET API. Now, you can reference Aspose.Words in your native Mac applications by installing Aspose.Words’ NuGet package.

Thanks for the info, I’ve installed Aspose.Words 18.2.0. However, I’m getting an Aspose.Words.FileCorruptedException when trying to create a simple blank Word document. I also tried loading a Word document from the file system and get an Aspose.Words.UnsupportedFileFormatException. The file in question is a .docx file with no content. I’m using Word version 16.9.1 under an Office 365 license and Xamarin Studio is my IDE running on a Mac using 10.12.3 (Sierra) if any of that helps. Any idea what might be causing my issue?

@joshperrla,

Please check the ‘Xamarin Platform Notes’ and ‘Xamarin.Mac Additional Requirements’ sections of the following article:

Xamarin and .NET Standard 2.0 Limitations and API Differences