Aspose Words Metafile Rendering issue

Hi,

In my application I render a preview of a document using Aspose.Words. This document contains metafiles.The rendering of fonts in the metafile is not good, the fonts become all smudgy. I have attached a image to demonstrate this bug.

To debug things for you, I have run into similar problems rendering metafiles using the .net system.drawing API. The problem is that you are rendering to a transparent background. If you change the background color when rendering the image in you code to the document color ( White ) I believe this rendering issue will be resolved.

Thanks
Hjörtur

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your input and output documents here for testing? I will investigate the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hi,

Mabey I was not clear enough in my description of the problem.

There is no output document. I am rendering a Aspose.Word.Document page into a System.Drawing drawing context using:

document.RenderToSize(_pageIndex, canvas, 0, 0, Size.Width, Size.Height);

If the document contains a metafile like in the picture presented in my previous post the fonts are drawn all smudgy.

Hope you can help.

Hjörtur.

Hi there,
Thanks for this additional information.
Can you please attach the image you are using and I will take a closer look.
Thanks,

Hi,

I have attached a image that demonstrates this issue, but I think this happens with all metafiles that contain text.

to replicate :

1. Create a word document
  2. Drag Image to word document
  3. Save word document
  4. Create a Aspose.Word project
  5. Open saved document and render the first page into a graphics context

Thanks
Hjörtur

Hello
Thank you for additional information. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side using the latest version of Aspose.Words (9.3.0). You can download this version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Also please try using the following code:

// Open Document
Document doc = new Document("Doc.docx");
ImageSaveOptions opt = new ImageSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Jpeg);
opt.JpegQuality = 100;
// Save output document
doc.Save("out.Jpeg", opt);

Please see the attached PDF and Jpeg produced on my side.
Best regards,