Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Words.MicrosoftWord failed installation

Hi,

I am having a problem installing "Aspose.Words.MicrosoftWord" at the end of the installation I get an error dialog with the following error:

System.EnterpriseServices.RegistrationException: You must have administrative credentials to perform this task. Contact your system administrator for assistance. > System. EnterpriseServices. Registration Exception: Unable to open COM+ 1.0 catalog to configure components. > System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E.ACCESSDENIED))

at System. Enterpri seServi ces. Ad m inJCata I og.GetCol lection (String bstrCollName)

at System. EnterpriseServices. Reg i strati on Driver. PrepDriver(Appli cation Spec & spec)

End of inner exception stack trace

at System. EnterpriseServices. Reg i strati on Driver. PrepDriver(Appli cation Spec & spec)

at System. Enterpri seServi ces. Reg i strati on Drivenln sta 11 Assem bly(Reg i strati on C o nf i g regConfig, Object obSync)

End of inner exception stack trace
at

System. EnterpriseServices. Reg i strati on DriverJnsta 11 Assembly(Regi strati on Config regConfig, Object obSync)

at System. EnterpriseServices. Reg i strati on H el perinsta 11 AssemblyFrom Config (Reg istra tionConfigfit regConfig)

at System.EnterpriseServices.RegistrationHelper.InstallAssembly(String assembly, String& application, String partition, String& tlb, InstallationFlags installFlags)

at System. EnterpriseServices. Reg i strati on H el per.Insta 11 Assembly(String assembly, String& application, String& tlb, InstallationFlags installFlags)

at Aspose.Words.MicrosoftWord.MyConverterInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)

I am running Vista Ultimate SP2 using an Active Directory domain acount, with admin rights on the workstation, and MS Office 2007 Ultimate with all the latest patches.

I initialy thought it was a UAC problem so I disabled it and recieved the same error.

Any ideas?

KaySee

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry. You should have rights to write into register. Maybe, you have issue similar to the issue described in the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327507

Best regards.

Hi,

I suspect you are right but which key is the problem, the one mentioned in the article doesn't exist.

Remember that I am an administrator on this workstation, so it would need to be one that has had the administrator rights changed on that key.

Keith.

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your inquiry. Upon installing, Aspose.Words for Microsoft Word should create the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Text Converters\OOXML Converters\Export\AWEPUB

Please make sure you have rights to create this key.

Also, upon installing Aspose.Words.MicrosoftWord.exe should be registered for COM. Please make sure you have rights to do that.

Best regards.

I do not think the registry permissions is the problem.

The error message:

System.EnterpriseServices.RegistrationException: You must have administrative credentials to perform this task. Contact your system administrator for assistance. > System. EnterpriseServices. Registration Exception: Unable to open COM+ 1.0 catalog to configure components. > System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E.ACCESSDENIED))

Suggests there is some problem with the COM+ Catalog.

From my experience it is a very tricky thing. I had some problems with the COM+ catalog in the past as well. Some curable some not. Had recently fresh Windows install so far no problems. The thing is your catalog might be somewhat out of whack and no amount of support from us could help. Sorry, but probably it is best to try on another machine or in a virtual machine.