Aspose.Words throws FileCorruptedException while loading RTF

Good day!

When i try to open test document with Aspose Words .NET 19.7.0 the following error occurred: „The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded“.

The code is simple:

var options = new LoadOptions();
var document = new Document(source, options);

test.zip (1.9 MB)

StackTrace:
at Aspose.Words.Document.(Stream , LoadOptions )
at Aspose.Words.Document.(Stream , LoadOptions )
at Aspose.Words.Document…ctor(String fileName, LoadOptions loadOptions)
at AsposeTest.DocumentConverter.Convert(String source) in D:\Projects\TestProjects\AsposeTest\AsposeTest\DocumentConverter.cs:line 32
at AsposeTest.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\Projects\TestProjects\AsposeTest\AsposeTest\Program.cs:line 18

InnerException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

Regards.

@DenMpei

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-19832. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Good day!

I understand that the ticket WORDSNET-19832 is closed? If so, what is needed so that I do not have an error?

Regards.

@DenMpei

This issue has been fixed in the latest version of Aspose.Words. So, please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 20.2.

Good. Thanks!

P.S. Unfortunately, our license is only until 20190803 :frowning: It’s bad that this error was corrected only in the latest version.

@DenMpei

Please note that we do not provide support for older released versions of Aspose.Words. Moreover, we do not provide any fixes or patches for old versions of Aspose products either. All fixes and new features are always added into new versions of our products.

We always encourage our customers to use the latest version of Aspose.Words as it contains newly introduced features, enhancements and fixes to the issues that were reported earlier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-19832) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.2 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.2 update.