We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.words.net SetLicense issue

I m getting the following error when using the new license. I downloaded latest license from the aspose. its expiry is 2023.

Invalid license signature. Please make sure the license file was not modified.

// Name of license file is Aspose.Words.NET.lic
//Code give error at setlicense line
  License l = new License();
  l.SetLicense("Aspose.Words.NET.lic");

Please advise what is the issue. I placed license file in bin folder as well as embedded recourse.

@tdafsupport The exception might occur if you try to use new license with some old version of Aspose.Words. Please make sure you are using the latest version of Aspose.Words on your side.

Thanks for reply. we are using aspose.words.dll (modified 01/31/2015) and every year place new license to bin folder. Wondering if I use new aspose.words.dll it could lead other issues?. Where I could find latest aspose.words.dll?

@tdafsupport You can download the latest version of Aspose.Words either from Nuget or from downloads section on our site.
It is not required to renew the license if you do not update to the newer version. Every Aspose license gives a 1-year subscription for free upgrades to any new Aspose.Words version that comes out. If you are satisficed with the version you already have and do not need to update you can use your license perpetually.