Aspose Words PageCount

We are using Aspose Words 17.6 and have a problem calling the pagecount property after loading a very large RTF file into a document. The RTF file has over 3,000 pages and the file is almost 5 MB in size. I tested on this particular document and after waiting 25 minutes for the property call to return I gave up.

Is there a work-around that I can use to get the page count for a large document ? Even if it took 5 minutes I would be OK with that, but the call never returns …

thank you

@jtwoods1,

Thanks for your inquiry. You are using an old version of Aspose.Words. We would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words (18.4) and see how it goes on your end. Hope this helps.

Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words for Java

In case the problem still remains, please ZIP and upload your document to Dropbox and share the download link here for testing. We will then investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Thank you Awais - the fix is amazing. I downloaded the new Aspose.Words for 18.4 and the page count for a 3000 page document returns in under 10 seconds, instead of never returning …

thank you again

@jtwoods1,

Thanks for your feedback. It is great that the latest version of Aspose.Words fixes the issue on your end. Please let us know anytime you have any further queries.