Aspose.Words pip install fail

One of our employees is having issues running pip install aspose-words on MacOS Sonoma 14.2.1. He’s getting this error:

ERROR: Ignored the following versions that require a different python version: 23.12.0 Requires-Python >=3.6,<3.12; 24.1.0 Requires-Python >=3.6,<3.12
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement aspose-words (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for aspose-words

This doesn’t make sense to me because the system requirements say that the minimum requirement is Mojave for MacOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@jdgiese,
please open a terminal and follow these steps:

1. python --version, if not working, use python3 -- version
  2. pip install aspose-words

After that, please take a screenshot and attache it here.

@dmitry.kotov, no problem!

@jdgiese Thank you for additional information. The version of Python installed on your side is higher then specified in Aspose.Words requirements. Aspose.Words requires Python >=3.6, <3.12. So please try using Python 3.11 on your side.

1 Like

That worked, thank you!

2 Likes

Have the same problem on MacOS (Apple Silicone) inside Ubuntu based multipass VM.

> python --version
Python 3.11.9

> pip install aspose-words
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement aspose-words (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for aspose-words

When executed from the host machine directly, it is working.

@bnebosenko Most likely you are trying to use Aspose.Words in Linux ARM. Unfortunately, currently there is no version of Aspose.Words for Python for Linux ARM. This feature request is logged as WORDSPYTHON-2 . We will keep you updated and let you know once it is available. Unfortunately, currently there are no estimates.

Thank you @alexey.noskov, that explains.

1 Like

@alexey.noskov, one more question. Is MacOS Apple Silicone supported? I could successfully install aspose-words with pip install, but application is crashing on start when importing aspose dependencies with such error:

@bnebosenko Yes, Aspose.Words for Python support MacOS ARM64 architecture. Could you please provide full stack trace of the problem? Unfortunately, from the provided screenshot it is not clear what the problem is.

Sure, thanks for a quick response.
aspose-crash.txt.zip (8.4 KB)

@bnebosenko Thank you for additional information. Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the problem. Aspose.Words works fine on a clean MacOS ARM64. If possible, please try creating a clean VM and check once again on your side.

Thanks for checking @alexey.noskov. Do I need to install anything else other than pip install aspose-words?
PS: My system version is 14.5 (macOS Sonoma).

@bnebosenko No, it is not required to install additional packages.

Thank you @alexey.noskov

1 Like