[Aspose Words] - Print docx file to a network printer

Hi,
We are looking for a solution to print a docx from a server side.
We have a Windows 2008 server 64 bits.
We are evaluating your product Asponse.Words, and we can print to the default windows XPS printer, but can’t print the document to the network printer.
The network printer are a SHARP AR-M450 PCL6.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation
at XpsPrint.XpsPrintHelper.CheckJobStatus(IXpsPrintJob job)
at XpsPrint.XpsPrintHelper.Print(Stream stream, String printerName, String jobName, Boolean isWait)
at XpsPrint.XpsPrintHelper.Print(Document document, String printerName, String jobName, Boolean isWait)
at XpsPrint.Program.Main()

Can you help us, please?
Thank you,
Miguel.

This message was posted using Email2Forum by ShL77.

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

I dont know if this will help you but I have done some printing server-side using AsPose. Local printers are easy but for network printers you have to do a few things:

1. Install the network printer as a local printer. What I mean is, dont install it as printer shared from another server. You will have to create a local port and install whatever drivers make it work.
  2. The App pool must run under the security context of the user account used to create the local printer above. For example, if you create the printer using the Administrator account, the App pool must run under the Administrator user account. Or you can create a utility account for step 1 and 2.
  3. Although I have not confirmed this, but the server must be logged on as the user account above. Try it both ways.

Hi Jason,

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 12649) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

I am trying to print a doc report using Aspose.Words for .NET 9.2.0 version through your sample application and i get the following error.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Unspecified error
at XpsPrint.XpsPrintHelper.CheckJobStatus(IXpsPrintJob job)
in C: \Ingersal\ SetUp\ Aspose.Words.NET.Samples\ Aspose.Words.NET.Samples\ XpsPrint\ CSharp\ XpsPrint
lper.cs: line 163
at XpsPrint.XpsPrintHelper.Print(Stream stream, String printerName, String bName, Boolean isWait) in C:\Ingersal\SetUp\Aspose.Words.NET.Samples\Aspose.Wo
s.NET.Samples\ XpsPrint\ CSharp\ XpsPrintHelper.cs: line 88
at XpsPrint.XpsPrintHelper.Print(Document document, String printerName, Str g jobName, Boolean isWait) in C: \Ingersal\ SetUp\ Aspose.Words.NET.Samples\ Aspos
Words.NET.Samples\ XpsPrint\ CSharp\ XpsPrintHelper.cs: line 49
at XpsPrint.Program.Main() in C: \Ingersal\ SetUp\ Aspose.Words.NET.Samples\ As
se.Words.NET.Samples\ XpsPrint\ CSharp\ Program.cs: line 60

Earlier i was using version 9.1.0.0 and got the error :

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Not enough storage is available to complet
e this operation
at XpsPrint.XpsPrintHelper.CheckJobStatus(IXpsPrintJob job) in C:\Ingersal\SetUp\Aspose.Words.NET.Samples\Aspose.Words.NET.Samples\XpsPrint\CSharp\XpsPrintHe
lper.cs:line 163
at XpsPrint.XpsPrintHelper.Print(Stream stream, String printerName, String jo bName, Boolean isWait) in C: \Ingersal\ SetUp\ Aspose.Words.NET.Samples\ Aspose.Word
s.NET.Samples\ XpsPrint\ CSharp\ XpsPrintHelper.cs: line 88
at XpsPrint.XpsPrintHelper.Print(Document document, String printerName, Strin
g jobName, Boolean isWait) in C:\Ingersal\SetUp\Aspose.Words.NET.Samples\Aspose.
Words.NET.Samples\ XpsPrint\ CSharp\ XpsPrintHelper.cs: line 49
at XpsPrint.Program.Main() in C: \Ingersal\ SetUp\ Aspose.Words.NET.Samples\ Aspo
se.Words.NET.Samples\ XpsPrint\ CSharp\ Program.cs: line 60

I would like to know is there anything i am missing? As per the link https://releases.aspose.com/words/net the above issue should be fixed in version 9.2.0.
Kindly let me know the way to fix the issue asap.

Hi

Thanks for your request. I already answered this question in the following thread
Best regards,