Aspose.Words removes child node in a footnote's paragraph after saving to HTML

Hi,

We are seeing an issue using Aspose.Words version 20.8.0.0 where in after saving a Aspose.Words.Document instance to HTML, and re-using the instance, the paragraph inside a footnote is modified and a child was removed.

Here is the code I’m using and document is attached.

string wordFileName1 = @"filepath";

Document wordDocument = new Document(wordFileName1);
var paragraphNode = wordDocument.FirstSection.Body.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Paragraph, true).FirstOrDefault() as Paragraph;
// before conversion text
Console.WriteLine(paragraphNode.ChildNodes.Where(n => n.NodeType == NodeType.Footnote).First().GetText());

wordDocument.Save(Path.Combine(AppContext.BaseDirectory, "Result.html"), SaveFormat.Html);

// after conversion text
Console.WriteLine(paragraphNode.ChildNodes.Where(n => n.NodeType == NodeType.Footnote).First().GetText());

Console.ReadKey();

The first Console.WriteLine() shows the footnote reference mark along the paragraph, but the second doesn’t show it anymore and looking at the Footnote>Paragraph object - the child node for the reference number is removed.

Note: Cloning the document Saving to HTML doesn’t seem to replicate the issue.

Can you please look into this and share your findings?
Thanks,
FootnoteIssue_TC.docx (15.8 KB)

@dcdeveloper Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I have managed to reproduce it on my side. For a sake of correction, the problem has been logged as WORDSNET-23480. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.