Aspose.Words Reporting Services Compatibility apart from Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services

I would like to know if Aspose.Words for Reporting Services can be used with
Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services. (I tried this using the manual installation
method but did not get any of the additional export formats to appear.)

Or even better, could it be used with the ReportViewer of ASP.net?

Many thanks,
Sebastian Pabst

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your interest in our product. Alas, Aspose.Words for Reporting Services is built against Microsoft SQL Server 2005 because currently this is a mainstream version. However, we do consider to implement the support for SQL Server 2000 as well because it seems there is a brisk demand for it, too.

Regarding the second part of your question, I don’t fully understand what you mean. Do you mean the ReportViewer control? Anyway, Aspose.Words for Reporting Services is a rendering extension that exports RDL reports to Microsoft Word documents; could you please provide more details how you wanted to use it with ReportViewer?

Thanks.

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I meant the ReportViewer control that is included in Visual Studio 2005.

As I understand, this control cannot handle rendering extensions. So I was merely wondering if I’m misinformed.

You are correct. A rendering extension is a “converter” that exports the report to the desired format. So the actual report viewer (and editor!) for the documents produced by Aspose.Words for Reporting Services is Microsoft Word

Hi,

We have released Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 1.2.0 that supports SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services:

https://docs.aspose.com/words/reportingservices/release-notes/

Hi Dmitry

I have a requirement that I suspect Aspose may help with. I have a SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Report which I am exporting to PDF via ASP.Net 2.0 code (at run time). This is working fine.

However I wish to append an existing “generic” PDF (residing on the server) to the Reporting Services Report PDF - to create 1 consolidated download.

Can Aspose do this?

Hi,

Thank you for your request. However, I must admit I did not understand it. First of all, you should already have the built-in ability of exporting to PDF once you have Reporting Services installed; second, Aspose.Words for Reporting Services does not export to PDF but to different Microsoft Word formats.

Please elaborate your question or correct me.