Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Words - Rtf to Pdf

Hi

I'm using Aspose.Words for converting rtf files into pdf files.

My problem is, that the result pdf file does not keep the encoding of the source rtf file.
The pdf file even does not keep the source rtf file font and uses another font (Arial BoldMT).

The consequence of this is, that some special characters are not displayed correctly in the pdf file.
e.g. The characters "ő" and "ű" are displayed incorrectly.
You can see it in the TestOutputFile.pdf
(AsposeConverterTest\AsposeConverterTest\bin\Debug\Files\)

I'm sending you a sample application and one rtf file (TestInputFile.rtf), that can be converted.

The conversion sample application creates PDF or DOCX file in the same dir, where the input file is.
I don't want to do any changes in the rtf file. I want to convert it as it is.

Code:
The core of the conversion always ends in the class RTFtoPDFConversionStrategy.
Convert method creates the result pdf.

None of the commented lines in the Convert method solved the problem.

Because there are pictures in the rtf file too, I need this line in the Convert method.
opt.MetafileRenderingMode = MetafileRenderingMode.Bitmap;

The same problem occurs, when I use byte array (which is actually rtf file content) instead of filepaths.

Can you help me please ?
Thank you in advance
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. The character "ő" do not render correctly in output PDF file, the remaining characters look good in output PDF file. If you are facing issue with some other characters, please share the details here.

I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-7461 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi

The same problem regards the character "ű"
It looks like, that these characters won't be rendered correctly either (I've tested it, see attachment):
ľ
č
ť
ň

Hi Richard,


Thanks for sharing the detail about new characters rendering. I have updated the issue WORDSNET-7461 detail with shared information. We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7461) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.