We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Aspose.Words - Save as PDf is moving the position of text

When using Word Aspose to convert a RTF to PDF the position of the text changes e.g. the position of the address is approximately 1cm down / 1 cm across on the PDF document when compared to the source RTF document. The font size also appears smaller.
Is this expected behaviour or should the PDF document be identical to the source RTF document. (If so are there any suggested techniques for minimising the repositioning of text )
Code use to convert :

string RTFFile1 = @"E:\Jason\Doc_With_Embed_Image.rtf";
Aspose.Words.Document AspDoc1 = new Aspose.Words.Document(RTFFile1);
AspDoc1.Save(PDFDOC, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Pdf);

Hi

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your input and output documents here? I will investigate the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hello

Please see the attachments. If the documents are printed and the address location for “Mr A customer” are compared they have differing X /Y co-ordinates. Please note I have created the attachments to demonstrate the issue , there appears to be greater variance on the “stock” letters original used for the evaluation.

Hello

Thank you for additional information. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side using the latest version of Aspose.Words (9.7.0) for testing.
You can download the latest version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Please see the attached screenshot.
Best regards,

Hello I’ve tested using the 9.7.0 and the error still exists. are you able to notice the difference in the documents I mailed to you. If you are unable to recreate the error is it possible to mail the source rtf and generated PDF file from a conversion you have ran so I can check against our inputs / outputs.
Please note the files need to be printed and when the A4 sheets are overlaid the problem becomes apparent.
Is it possible to arrange a call to discuss - would this speed up the resolution.

Hello
Thank you for additional information. Actually I do not see any problems with the document you have attached. Could you please create screenshot which shows me the problem?
Best regards,

Hello
I would be sending very similar screen shots. …
Its difficult to spot the difference on screen ,please print off the screen shots previously provided., then measure the position of the address with a ruler …
On the rtf letter the address is 9.2 cms from the top of the page
On the (converted) PDF the address is 9.7 cms from the top of the page.
Is this expected behaviour ,
Will there be a .5 cm difference on all conversions ?

Hello,
Thank you for additional information.
I managed to reproduce the problem you have. I register the appropreate issue in our defect database. As soon as our developers will analyze problem we will give you more detailed information.

Hello,

Whats the usual turnaround for this type of response. If a fix was to be applied is this a patch or new release . If its a new release when is the next scheduled release date ?

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, currently it is difficult to provide you a reliable estimate regarding this issue. We will be sure to inform you of any developments regarding this problem.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4538) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.