Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz is not available for Aspose.Words for .NET 19.12

Hi,

While we are upgrading Aspose.Words to 19.12.0 to address a few issues, we need to upgrade Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz as well.

However, when installing from Nuget, the latest version of HarfBuzz is still 19.11.0, making it impossible to upgrade because otherwise the HarfBuzz version is incompatible.

image.png (2.2 KB)

We need 19.12.0 for a few issues and we also need HarfBuzz for some other issues. Could you let us know how we can resolve this?

Thanks,

@ServerSide527

We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-19661. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@ServerSide527,

We have just published Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz 19.12 version on NuGet. We tested it on our end and it worked fine along with Aspose.Words for .NET 19.12. So, please upgrade to Aspose.Words for .NET 19.12 and Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz 19.12 and see how it goes on your end? Hope, this helps.

Also, regarding the linked issue WORDSNET-19661, we have completed the work on your issue and concluded to close this issue as Not a Bug.

I could see the Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz 19.12 was released earlier today and I was able to upgrade. Thanks very much.

I noticed that over the past months Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz was usually released a few days after Aspose.Words release. Since we are now relying on Aspose HarfBuzz, having Aspose.Words only means we cannot really use the new release because it will not be compatible with the older version of Aspose Harfbuzz.

Would it be possible to make the release of the two modules consistent in the future, so whenever Aspose.Words is released, we can garuantee that this API is ready to use even if we are using Aspose HarfBuzz, since they are both released from Aspose which I think makes more sense?

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

Thanks for your suggestion. We have noted your concerns and will try to publish new versions of Aspose.Words.Shaping.HarfBuzz and Aspose.Words for .NET at the same time to avoid any confusion/issues.