Aspose.Words to PDF/A-1a

Hi,

I can’t find an appropriate example of converting Word document to PDF/A-1a
Can you please help?

(I also need for PP and Excel :slight_smile: )

Thank you ,
Yaron

@yaronz,

Thanks for contacting support.

In order to convert MS word file to PDF/A-1a format, please try using following code snippet.

[C#]

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "in.docx");
PdfSaveOptions opts = new PdfSaveOptions();
opts.Compliance = PdfCompliance.PdfA1a;
doc.Save(MyDir + "17.10.pdf", opts); 

Please follow the instructions specified over following link for information on converting Excel file to PDF/A-1a format.
Currently Aspose.Slides offers the feature to convert PPT/PPTX files to PDF/A-1b format but I am afraid currently it does not support the feature to save output in PDF/A-1a format.

[C#]

Aspose.Slides.Presentation presentation = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation("c:/pdftest/PowerPoint.pptx", new Aspose.Slides.LoadOptions( Aspose.Slides.LoadFormat.Pptx));
Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfOptions pdfOpt= new Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfOptions();
pdfOpt.Compliance = Aspose.Slides.Export.PdfCompliance.PdfA1b;
presentation.Save("c:/pdftest/PowerPoint.pdf", Aspose.Slides.Export.SaveFormat.Pdf, pdfOpt);

@yaronz,

As shared earlier, Aspose.Slides for .NET do not support the feature to convert PPT/PPTX files to PDF/A-1a format and we have logged a feature request as SLIDESNET-37623 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this requirement and will keep you updated on the status of correction.

However as a workaround, you may consider converting PowerPoint files to PDF format using Aspose.Slides for .NET and then convert PDF file to PDF/A-1a format using Aspose.Pdf for .NET.

Hi,

Any updates on this? We would also need PDF/A-1 on PDFs from PowerPoint.

Thanks

@ServerSide527,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that requested support is unavailable in API and we will share the good news with you as soon as support will be available in API.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-37623) have been fixed in this update.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply
I think the new feature is
“Add the possibility to specify PDF/A-1a compliance” as mentioned at the release notes/
can you be more specific how to use it? does it includes excel and PP?

Thank again
Yaron,

@yaronz,

Aspose.Cells already supports it for Excel file formats. Please follow the instructions specified over following link for information and example on converting Excel file to PDF/A-1a format.

@yaronz,

I have observed your requirements regarding to different compliance options and suggest you to please visit this documentation link for your kind reference please check this API reference guide link too for possible compliance options.