ASPOSE Words Version

I am working on old project in .Net, which has Aspose.words.dll and aspose.cells.dll used but I am not aware about its version.

So is there any way to know which version is that from dll only?
Bacause If you I try to use latase download then It gives some in compatibillity error.i mean some functions are changed.

So am I still able to download that particular older version? or I have to change my programme according to latest vesrion.

How would I know the version of older download?

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Aspose.Words for .NET

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. To check version of the library, right click on the dll, select Properties from the context menu, then select Version tab. You will see File version.
Best regards,

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. To check version of the library, right click on the dll, select Properties from the context menu, then select Version tab. You will see File version.
Please note, every Aspose license carries one-year subscription for free upgrades to new versions released during this time. So, you can check the expiration date of your license and upgrade to the newest version. To check an expiration date of your license open the license file using notepad. You will see the following tags:

It means that you can free upgrade to version of Aspose.Words published before 02/18/2011.
One more thing, our internal policy does not allow us to share versions of products older than one year. You can only download versions of Aspose.Words available here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards,

Thank You, Andry

I have got the version no now, But I am not able to download it.

As per your suggestion link the version 6.4.0 is available in the list of download link, But when I click download nothing happens. Same thing with the version 5.1.0 for Aspose.cells.

And please suggest If I cant then I have to change the code according to the latest realese.

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. 6.4 version of Aspose.Words is older than one year.
Regarding new version of Aspose.Words, there were some breaking changes in API. But, I think you should not have troubles with updating your code. Usually, these changes are minor and all these changes are described in the release notes, and it will not take a lot of time and efforts to change your code and recompile your application. If you need assistance with updating your code, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards,

Thank You very much for your prompt support, Andry.

Now I am upgrading my code to support latest API as trial download.
In case I will need any help than surely will write in this post.

Again, Thank You, Very much, See ya later…