Aspose.Words.Viewer release date

Hi

We’re interested in purchasing the Words product for use in an internal application of ours, however the ability to print word documents without user intervention is of paramount importance for us. We are looking at changing the component we use for generating and printing word documents because our existing component fails to render pages correctly for print, however I’m concerned about the lack of support for the beta version of Words.Viewer so would be interested in hearing when you expect the release date to be.

Norman

Hey Norman,
Unfortunately, the release date is several months away. We have a great progress in this area but we want the viewer to be as AWesome as the rest of the product. In other words, we still need some time to accomplish this extremely important subproject so that it conforms our quality standards. Believe me you will enjoy the results.
Thank you for understanding.

Hi
I was told that the Viewer would be launched in April 2007, and it’s now May so I wanted to know how this is going? The ability to print generated word documents is a very important requirement for us and I’m concerned that there’s been no news on the progress of this in the 7 months since I last asked.
Norman

Hi Norman,
There is the progress but we are still working on it. Sorry.

We are happy to tell you that the new Rendering Engine has replaced the “old Viewer Beta”. The Rendering Engine can print, save as images or draw onto .NET Graphics object any document page.

Please see Aspose.Words documentation to learn more about new features.

Saving to image

In additional, new Rendering engine allows you to convert Word document to PDF directly (without using Aspose.Pdf).

Saving to Pdf

The latest version of Aspose.Words is available for download from downloads section or from NuGet