Aspose.Words with Active Directory

We are using Aspose.Words (11.10.0) in .NET web applications running on Windows Server. When we try to open a document with a merge, we get the Windows login popup asking for our AD logon. We can actually hit “cancel” to bypass the login and get our document displayed, but it is annoying (logging in for everyone document) and confusing to users (telling them to hit cancel or login). The Aspose.Words DLL is in the bin directory under each application.

Has anyone else run into this same problem and successfully resolved it?

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your inquiry. I suppose you should just specify Authentication mode in web.config as follows:

<system.web>
   <authentication mode="None" />
</system.web>

Moreover, I would suggest you to visit the following link to learn more about ASP.NET

I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Thanks for the reply, but as I said in my initial post, we are using Active Directory for authentication, so the Authentication in the web.config is already set to “Windows”.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your inquiry. It is difficult to tell you what the exact reason of this problem is. Actually different things can cause such kind of problem. I think the following thread could answer your question and maybe help you to resolve the problem:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7983424/asp-classic-active-directory-autologin-without-popup

Best regards,