Exception: AsposeException AE_1_1_0009 BAD Error in IMAP fetch command

I’m using Apose.Email 19.5.0.0 for .NET.
When I request emails with Aspose.Email.Clients.Imap.ImapClient I receive an exception after ListMessages() when there are no emails at the server.
The server is a Strato Webmail server. When there are emails on the server everything is working fine. Also requesting emails with POP3 works without problems.

ImapConnector.GetMessages[105] > AsposeException: AE_1_1_0009 BAD Error in IMAP command FETCH: Invalid messageset (0.001 + 0.000 secs).
—> AsposeException: AE_1_1_0009 BAD Error in IMAP command FETCH: Invalid messageset (0.001 + 0.000 secs).
—> ImapException: AE_1_1_0009 BAD Error in IMAP command FETCH: Invalid messageset (0.001 + 0.000 secs).
bei #=z3ihiebhRHIAav2age_Barxj$s9C770SLbgZhDmc=.#=zdzXWooU4f0hU(#=zrHx_S1xfbiDr_BoUMy5hBqo4vR7$H6KkvfhU$FM=[] #=zq1gjwsm8XbR4)
bei #=z3ihiebhRHIAav2age_Barxj$s9C770SLbgZhDmc=.#=zoL_hrElSq8zE()
bei #=zeEcH9$pyupEOmyH6v_xjkwX035CecoGCfNmNxus=.#=zh$F2tPQ=(Object #=zxSvDp0o=)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
bei #=zBSHOscvY0s3BrtBTIXbeRytui8Ao.#=zmejIF48=(IAsyncResult #=zlgyjhkc=)
bei #=zBSHOscvY0s3BrtBTIXbeRytui8Ao.#=zXPKocRY=()
bei #=zCyKTVbn0zcM3lHyvBMfHrEESWnwIt6vitwiBSeE=.#=zSxo$4FyhHX$1(#=z1$JDfNp4g8lcofmFygvJNFT3H5XNUv_8s_eMr0s= #=z5DG6ibk=, ImapFolderInfoCollection #=zR2L8wSeqO1QJ)
bei #=zCyKTVbn0zcM3lHyvBMfHrEESWnwIt6vitwiBSeE=.#=zLMHDXZA=()
bei #=zUXIrMzLSHCYnIqtSkRkAGcLJbT41OOfJuw==.#=z8RQmrkrfNGbv()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
bei #=zBSHOscvY0s3BrtBTIXbeRytui8Ao.#=zmejIF48=(IAsyncResult #=zlgyjhkc=)
bei #=zBSHOscvY0s3BrtBTIXbeRytui8Ao.#=zmejIF48=()
bei Aspose.Email.Clients.Imap.ImapClient.EndListMessages(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
bei Aspose.Email.Clients.Imap.ImapClient.ListMessages()
bei noq.Core.FilePrint.ImapConnector.GetMessages(IMailPrint mailPrint, Int32 maxAttachmentCount)

@ulrich.maier,

I have observed the issue shared by you and request you to please first try using latest Aspose.Email for .NET 19.9 on your end. In case there is still an issue then please share the working sample project along with test account credentials reproducing the issue issue. We will be able to investigate the issue further on our end on provision of requested information.

We do have the very same problem with the following code:

ImapClient imapClient = new ImapClient("mailserveraddress", 993, Aspose.Email.Clients.SecurityOptions.SSLAuto);
            imapClient.Username = "myusername";
            imapClient.Password = "mypassword";
            IAsyncResult mailClientTask = imapClient.BeginListMessages();

while (!mailClientTask.IsCompleted)
            {
                System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(100);
            }

mailClientTask.AsyncWaitHandle.Close();

I’m using version 19.9 of aspose.email
Is there already a version 19.10 which addresses this problem?

@manuelk,

I have observed the issue shared by you and an issue with ID EMAILNET-39626 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.

Any info about the current state or a planned date for a fix?
We need this to fix for our customer and are forced to provide a date. Without any further info we have to check for alternatives

@manuelk,

I also like to inform that in Aspose.Email forum the issues are selected for investigation on first come first serve basis. Also the first priority for scheduling and resolution is given to paid Enterprise and priority support customers. Then Aspose.Email normal or free support customers issues are scheduled and resolved on first come and first come serve basis. I will share the further information with you as soon as the issue will be resolved. I request for your patience.

We pay quite a bit for aspose.
Is this the wrong forum then? If yes, where do i have to write as a paying customer?

@manuelk,

I like to share that paid support support service is separately purchased if you want to expedite the issues resolution. I suggest you to please visit this web link for your further kind information.

I have to say I find it disconcerting that I pay 5000 dollars for a product and then have to pay extra for the information on a known problem.
I don’t need a hotfix, I just need the information I can give to my customer.

@manuelk,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. I like to share that we provide free support for issue posted in Aspose.Email forum and we make sure that added issues are addressed as soon as possible on their due turn. We will share updates with you as soon as possible. For your following comment, I suggested you to opt for paid support that is over and above Free support forum. Paid support has nothing to do with product subscription.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-39626) have been fixed in this update.

The issue is fixed with version 19.11. but a new error appeared in the new version which is even worse:

@ulrich.maier,

I have observed your inquiry and have shared my feedback over following thread.