Assigning bookmark text makes table cells are merged

Hi Aspose team,
I have trouble with the case bookmark is in a table cell.
This is the target file : Template.zip (41.9 KB)

In the attachment, the bookmark “TestBM” is in the 3th cell of a table which has 3 cells (please see image below)
image.png (10.4 KB)

After I set text of bookmark above to “”, the table cells are merged into 1 cell.
The same problem with the bookmark “RecipientFormattedFullAddress”.

This is my code :
document.Range.Bookmarks[“TestBM”].Text = “”;

Do you have any clue for this ?
Best regards

@peter.peterson,

Thanks for your inquiry. The BookmarkStart node of both bookmarks is in the first cell of row and BookmarkEnd is after table. Please check the attached DOM image for detail. You can check it inside document.xml after unzipping your document.
bookmark.png (8.5 KB)

In this case, the table’s cells should not merge when bookmark’s text is set to empty string. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-16041. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,
Thank you for your support

Hi Tahir,
How’s about this issue ?

@peter.peterson,

Thanks for your inquiry. We regret to share with you that the issue (WORDSNET-16041) has been postponed due to missing feature WORDSNET-721 (Improve table bookmarks) which is related to it.

After the fix of WORDSNET-721, our product team will look into this issue. We will be sure to inform you via this forum thread as soon as this feature is available. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16041) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.4 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.4 update.