Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Attributes being removed from html to docx

When we use the attributes for the or

tags in HTML, then convert to .docx using Aspose, the attributes are lost. We need the attributes to be retained so that we can use them for identifying the tags. It seems that only the “name” attribute in the tag is retained when converting from HTML to word then back to HTML.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your inquiry. I would suggest you please read the following article on features supported/unsupported during HTML import/export:

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Load+in+the+HTML+%28.HTML%2C+.XHTML%2C+.MHTML%29+Format
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Save+in+the+HTML+%28.HTML%2C+.XHTML%2C+.MHTML%29+Format

Secondly, please attach your sample input HTML file here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best Regards,

Hi Awais,

Here is a test file we used.

Thanks
Danny

Hopefully a quick question,

Is there going to be any support for attributes in HTML? If so do you have a timeline?

Thanks
Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that it is not guaranteed that the output Word document will look exactly the same as the input HTML. This is because Aspose.Words was originally designed to work with MS Word documents and HTML documents are quite different from MS Word documents. That is why some HTML features are not supported upon importing HTML and some are not supported upon exporting to HTML. May be you should specify HtmlSaveOptions.CssStyleSheetType property as ‘Embedded’. We’re continuously improving Aspose.Words’ HTML engine; I am afraid, it’s hard to provide you any timelines for now. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance

Best Regards,

Hi Awais,

The text in between the anchor tag when converting from HTML to DOCX and then back to HTML seems to be moved out of the anchor tag.

You can test with the previous attachments.

You notice the line in the HTML
sample text

when converted to DOCX and then converted back to HTML creates:

sample text

Shouldn’t the sample text be between the anchor?

Thanks
Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problem on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem as WORDSNET-6986 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Awais,

Do you have a timeframe on completion of this issue?

Thanks
Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your inquiry. This issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot provide you any reliable estimate for the fix of this issue. You will be notified via this forum thread as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Awais,

I was wondering if you have heard anything on this request? <!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/>
<w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/>
<w:OverrideTableStyleHps/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Times New Roman”,“serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-ansi-language:
EN-US;mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>WORDSNET-6986
<!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–>

Thanks
Danny

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have verified the status of WORDSNET-6986 from our issue tracking system and regret to share with you that this issues has been postponed till a later date. I am afraid, we cannot push this into production right now because there are many other important issues we have to work on. Rest assured, we will inform you as soon as there are any further developments. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Awais,

I regreat to hear that it takes two weeks and additional inquiry to learn that you decided not to include fix in next release. This kind of customer support makes to seriously consider using of Aspose in our products. I need to escalate this to next level and get clear answer when we going to get this issue fixed. For our product this issue is critical as aspose transformation does not preserve important metadata, making Aspose useless for our purpose.

Thanks

Elkhan Shabanov

Hi Elkhan,

I am a member of the business team here at Aspose. Thank you for voicing your concerns to us. We appreciate and understand that this issue is crucial to your product. Analysis of your reported issue was performed as soon as possible by the relevant developer and the results reported back here by Awais.

While we attempt to have all conversions working flawlessly, as Awais has already explained, Word and HTML formats are very different and it is difficult to have all features preserved correctly in every case. Microsoft Word has the same issues when working with HTML as well. Furthermore the Aspose.Words document object model is based on a word design so it hard to find place for HTML only features.

Our free support works on a “first come-first served” basis which is why your issue has been postponed for the time being. If you are working with deadlines or promises then you would benefit by purchasing Priority Support to escalate any open issues that you have. You can read more about this on our Support Options page.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

We have 2-yr Enterprise Support agreement with you. Isn't this the same as Priority Support? What we actually paying for then? Please escalate this issue.

Thanks

Elkhan

Hi Elkhan,

Thanks for this additional information.

You’re right, you do have enterprise support which allows you to escalate this issue. It seems our system was displaying the wrong information. In the future it would assist us if you post any issues on the Enterprise Support forum that you want treated with priority.

I have increased the priority of this issue to the highest. We will get back to you shortly with some feedback.

Thanks,

Hi Elkhan,

Thank you for availing your Enterprise Support subscription for the issue WORDSNET-6986. We have already raised the priority of your issue in our bug tracking system. In the future, please always use your Enterprise Support account (‘trintech’) and post your critical issues in the Enterprise Support forum since only issues posted in the Enterprise Support forum are treated with that much priority. Rest assured, we will keep you informed of the status of this issue and let you know once it is resolved.

Best Regards,

Can I ask what is the status of this fix and when can we get it?

Thanks

Elkhan

Hi Elkhan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Good news for you is that your issue (WORDSNET-6986) has now been resolved and its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Words (v11.10.0) which is planned to be released by the end of this month (November’ 30, 2012). We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6986) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.