InsertCell()

// insert the text

InsertCell()

// insert the text

RowFormat.HeightRule = HeightRule.Auto

EndRow()

EndTable()

Any ideas?

I'm also not able to get MS Word to automatically adjust height of the rows with vertical text. Try this yourself in MS Word. It starts off with a row 0.79" high, HeightRule.AtLeast. If I type more text, the height does not grow. If switch off the height (effectively setting HeightRule.Auto) it makes the height very small.

In general, Aspose.Word can't make it so the cells are automatically resized to the correct width or height. There are several factors that combine and end up in this behaviour. The most important reason is that although MS Word has the AutoFit contents into a cell option, even if Aspose.Word sets it, MS Word still requires cell widths explicitly calculated and uses those widths. When you change the direction to vertical it seems this rule applies to heights.

At the moment you have to specify width explicitly (and for vertical text - height explicitly) if you want to build tables with a meaningful layout. In the future we plan to provide a way to auto fit the table. So far the work was to auto fit cell widths only, but I will log it as a request to auto fit heights too.

Thanks. Setting the row height should be fine for now.