Auto update fails in case of Sequence Number :

Dear Team ,
I am using Aspose latest version to convert html to doc .I am using below code to insert Sequence field into the document and trying to update the field. I am getting ‘XXX’ inplace of Sequence ,its not getting update automatically .

com.aspose.words.Document doc = new com.aspose.words.Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
builder.moveToDocumentStart();
builder.insertField("SEQ Aspose \* Arabic", "XXX");
builder.getDocument().updateFields();

Does auto porting supports for sequence ?

Thanks,
Anbu.S

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. The problem occurs because SEQ fields are currently not updated by the Aspose.Words field engine. I have linked your request to the appropriate issue. We will keep you informed of any developments.
Best regards,

Hi ,
Thanks for the information . Can you tell me the time line when the issue will get fixed . This is a critical feature for us . Or is there any work around to solve this issue .

Thanks,
Anbu

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this feature. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
In theory, I think updating basic SEQ fields in the body manually would be very easily to do, if you need to do use SEQ fields in the headers or footers or use some of the complex switches I would suggest to wait until the proper implementation is avaliable in Aspose.Words.
Regarding implementation, the order of the nodes visited in the Aspose.Words. DOM should give a fairly accurate picture of the position of the node in the document. If you iterate all SEQ fields, you’ll normally find that the first field you process will appear before the second field in the document so you can search through these fields forwards, store the identifiers and increase their field results by one.
Best regards,

A fix for the issue(s) you’ve reported (filed as 24183) will be released in the next release at the end of this month. You will be notified.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4395) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.