Autofit of cells

Hi -

I am trying to autofit cells on a spread sheet that has merged cells above for titles.

when I try to autofit the numeric cells, they do not shrink becuase of the merged cells above are maintaining the overall spacing. I have tried to apply this when the sheet is complete so the merged and numeric data would be resized, but it does not make any diffrence. Do you have any suggestions on how this could be accomplished. Attached is an image of part of the spreed sheet;

Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil,

Well, you cannot auto-fit cells that are merged, this behavior is same as MS Excel as you can check and confirm in MS Excel manually.

If a thing that you can do it in MS Excel manually and find any problem with Aspose.Cells API, let us know with all the details and sample file, we will soon check it.

Thank you.

I can adjust the cell manully after the spread sheet is complete by double clicking on the column lines at the top of the sheet.

Is there a way to do this through the API?

Hi,

You can auto fit normal rows and column by using the API provided by Aspose.Cells for .NET, see the document for your complete reference: http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/autofit-rows-columns.html

Thank you.

thanks for you help, the documentation explained it all.