Automatic Recalculate Formula

Hi , I have downloaded the trial version of ASPOSE.Cells.While researching i got to know that if the value of the cell changes the formula never get updated as per the new value,to get the updated value in place of formula driven cell i have to click on submit and recalculate botton... Can it be possible to change the value of the formula riven cell automatically after the cell changed. Means need to get the behavior same as Excel...

Hi,

If you need to get the calculated value of the formula cell(s), you have to call Workbook.CalculateFormula method before retrieving the calculated value after updating the cell values. See the document for reference:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/calculating-formulas.html

thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for the quick reply.

But my requirement is like Excel sheet. Whenever at runtime i m changing the cell value the calculation should take place immediately. Is it possible or is there any event through which i can accomplish this task...

Hi,

I think you may make use of GridWeb control (Aspose.Cells.GridWeb) in Ajax mode, Aspose.Cells for .NET also provides Grid control (GridWeb) same as Excel like Grid environment (in WYSIWYG manner) for Web. See the demo if it can suit you.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

I navigated through the link but its not calculating the values(Formula fields) even after expected inputs has been given. Could you please check it once and let me know what should i do to get it done

Regards,

Nikhil

Hi,

We noticed an issue with Ajax mode with GridWeb. I have logged a ticket for it with an id: CELLSNET-40090. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Could you please tell me about this issue..has it resolved? Actually i had sheared the demo application with you also made up of Ajax only and inclueded with the formula. The expected result is after changing the cell values the formula cell must be updated with new values but it is not updating.

please help me...

Regards,

Nikhil

Hi,

We will try to provide a fixed version within 3 working days.

Thank you.
Hi,

Could you add code to "LoadGrid()" method, e.g
//Set GridWeb properties
GridWeb1.EnableAJAX = true;
GridWeb1.EnableClientColumnOperations = false;
GridWeb1.EnableClientFreeze = false;
GridWeb1.EnableClientMergeOperations = false;
GridWeb1.EnableClientRowOperations = false;
GridWeb1.EnableStyleDialogbox = false;

GridWeb1.WebWorksheets.RunAllFormulas();

it will work fine.

No its not working. I have pasted the code but then also not calculating the end result.Please Suggest

Hi Amjad,

Its working now...

The problem is in the WebGrid parameters.

Thanks !!!

Regards,

Nikhil

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40090) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.