In the previous post we celebrated all unit tests passed for a completely autoportable Aspose.Foundation (or internal library).
Now we are back to making the remainder of Aspose.Words C# source autoportable.
I used to treat the actual number of classes in Aspose.Words as confidential and disclosed the progress as percentage only e.g. 73% done. But I just remembered that anyone can easily count the number of classes in any .NET assembly in ildasm or Reflector so I don't think it makes sense to keep it confidential anymore. Using actual numbers will make the stats more lively too.
So some interesting facts about Aspose.Words.
- Total types (classes, enums, interfaces) 2522, out of that:
- Public types approx 180.
- Test classes 540
- 2388 are marked for automatic porting
- 21 for manual porting (platform independence layer)
- 113 not to be ported to Java (mostly excluded features)
For autoporting I count 2388 for automatic porting + 21 for manual porting = 2409 total. From these:
- 1837 compiles on Java okay = 76.2%.
- 572 still has autoporting problems to resolve = 23.7%.
I have also uploaded one more video about autoporting. This one is about how we are fixing the files that do not compile on Java.