AutoShape Lines

Hi,

I’m trying to analyse shapes on a slide (both ppt and pptx).
Up to now I’ve found no way to determine a line direction unambiguously.
The line shape’s x=50, y=50 and width=200, height=150. As far as I see, there are two possible directions, one from left top to right bottom and the second from left bottom to right top as this describes the surrounding rectangle.
Is there any means to get the line direction? And how can this be done for Connector(Ex)?

Thanks and best regards,
Melanie

Hi Melanie,

I have observed the requirements shared by you and have not been able to completely understand that. Can you please share the requirements in the form of source presentation and sample project that you are using on your end. I will try my best to help you further on the basis of provision of requested information from your end.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

thanks for your quick reply. I’ll attach a pptx file. The slide contains two arrows.
What I want to find out is, whether the arrow directs left top to right bottom or vice versa. If you only retrieve the surrounding rectangle for the shape it will always be ambiguous as there are two diagonal lines in every rectangle.

Thanks and regards,
Melanie

Hi Melanie,

I have observed the requirements shared by you and regret to share that there is no direct method available in Aspose.Slides for .NET API or in PowerPoint available to find the direction of line or connector. I have created an issue with ID SLIDESNET-35075 in our issue tracking system in this regard to investigate if we can provide the requested support or not. We will share the feedback with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team that whether the requested support is possible using API or not.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for your answer.

Just for the records, we’re using Aspose Slides for Java.

Regards,
Melanie

Hi Melanie,

Thanks for the platform clarification. I have created a separate ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-34251 to investigate requirement w.r.t to Aspose.Slides for Java. I will share the feedback with you as soon as it will be shared by our development team.

Many Thanks,

Hi Melanie,

I like to share that we have introduced the support for calculating the direction of line added in slide. Please visit the documentation link, Calculating Connector Line Angle for your kind reference.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-34251) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.