Rendering autoshapes during XLSX to HTML conversion with Aspose.Cells for .NET API in C#

I am exporting my Aspose.Cells generated content to HTML, however my AutoShapes are not appearing in the HTML output. I am using simple shapes, such as oval. The AutoShapes appear fine in other outputs formats, such as PDF, TIFF, etc. but not HTML.

Are AutoShapes supported in HTML output? Is there a solution here?

Thanks,

Hi,

It might be a few limitations regarding auto-shapes rendering in output HTML format. Please give us your sample Excel file (if you are using), you may also create an Excel file by manually creating in MS Excel in which you will paste your most favorite auto-shapes in the worksheet, also provide your code here that you are using. We will check if we can support your desired shapes soon.

Thank you.

Thank you for your fast reply.

I'm just using simple shapes such as Oval

See attached.

Here is another file which is more like my scenario. I will have lots of duplicated shapes. I imagine that you might generate a separate image file for each, however for my scenario I would prefer that common shapes share the same image file.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template files.

After an initial test, I have noticed the issue as you have mentioned. I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSNET-40900. We will soon look into it. Also, your request has been linked to this thread and so you could be notified when your issue is figured out.

Sample code:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook(@“E:\test2\autoshape_html\test.xlsx”);
workbook.Save(@“E:\test2\autoshape_html\outshapes_test.html”, SaveFormat.Html);

Thank you.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

We will provide you a fix within next few (2~3) days after some additional testing.

I look forward to the fix - I’m using NET Client Profile.

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about your .NET framework client profile version.

Once the fix is released, we will provide you a compiled dll meant to work on .NET framework client profile.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try the latest Client Profile fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET (Latest Version - Client Profile)

Let us know if you face any other issue, we will be glad to help you.

Hi,Many thanks for the update.I mentioned earlier that I have lots of duplicated shapes and provided an example file. I thought that you might generate a separate image file for each, however for my scenario I us many shapes with the same properties and I end up with lots of separate image files being created that are all the same image.

Can you modify this so that shapes which are the same use the same image (otherwise we will end up with loads of image files which are the same which is not great for HTML)? Also, I noticed that when the shape is in a cell which has a border the shape obscures the border.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please elaborate your current problems with the sample runnable project and the screenshots. We will soon look into your issue and fix the problems.

Thanks for your help and have a good day.

Hi,Many thanks for the update.I mentioned earlier that I have lots of duplicated shapes and provided an example file. You will see from this example file that when exporting to HTML all shapes end up as a separate image. This is not ideal for a web based output as all images are the same and it is wasteful of bandwidth.

I understand this is probably very specific to our own scenario and not a problem with your control so we will work on a workaround ourselves.

Thanks again for your great support!

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and considering Aspose.Cells.

I have looked into this issue and found that you are right, it is not the issue of Aspose.Cells because when you save Attachment: test2.xlsx into html format using Ms-Excel 2010, it also generates duplicate images.

Please see the following screenshot of the generated images by Ms-Excel 2010, when the file was saved to html format.

Screenshot:

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40900) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.