We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Autotext or formatted text

Hello,

I am creating a web application and I need to create formatted Word documents.

For that I use a Word template and I get the most values from a database. I need also to go to a bookmark in the template and insert formatted text (with layout). First I tried to make autotext in the template (Word 2003) but I don't find a way to get it in my new document.

Later I made different Word documents (that I would use the same way as autotext) and tried to insert them in my document. The problem is that I found samples where I can append the files to my new doc (see sample code next) but what I want to do is

Solution 1 : go to a bookmark en insert autotext from the actual document based on the template

Solution 2 : open a Word file and insert the (formatted) content after the bookmark.

I looked for 2 days in your samples and didn't found a solution so I hope you can help me with that.

The sample code that you can see is not good because it appends a document, as I want to insert it on a certain place. I don't want any new page (or section) either.

Thank you,

Francis Clément

public void AppendDocument(Document dstDoc, Document srcDoc, ImportFormatMode mode)

{

foreach (Section srcSection in srcDoc)

{

Node dstSection = dstDoc.ImportNode(srcSection, true, mode);

dstDoc.AppendChild(dstSection);

}

}

Hello

Thanks for your inquiry. You can try using method provided in the following article to insert one document into another at the specific location:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/howto-insert-a-document-into-another-document.html

Best regards,