Avoid out of memory exception while creating pivot table

Hello,

I have an excel file with two sheets and i want to create two separate pivot tables in the thrird sheet fot the data in the forst two sheets. I get out of memory exception when creating the pivot table for the second sheet. The number of rows in first sheet is 803631 and second sheet is 883808.

The max java heap size used is 1536M and aspose version is 7.3.4.4

Can you suggest a solution to overcome this problem?

Thanks,

Asha

Hi Asha,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

As you are using an old version of the API, we would request you to please give the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 7.7.2.4 at try at your end without changing the heap size. Please note, with recent versions (7.7.x.x) of the API we have improved the memory utilization so hopefully you will not face the problem with the latest build.

In case the problem persists, please provide your code snippet as well as the sample spreadsheet for our review.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. The solution suggested above works fine.

Is it possible to generate one pivot table using the data from two different worksheets?

Thanks,

Hi,

Aspose.Cells follows MS Excel standards so if it is possible in MS Excel manually (create a pivot table based on two worksheets), then you may do the task by Aspose.Cells APIs.

Could you create such a PivotTable based on two worksheets in MS Excel manually and post us here, we will check how to do it via Aspose.Cells APIs.

Thank you.

Hello,

I am not able to do it manually so probably it cannot be done using the code as well.

Thanks,

Hi,

Well, yes, I think it may not be supported in MS Excel, I tested it a bit but could not make it work in MS Excel

Thank you.