Azure Information Protection

Hi,

I wanted to ask if Aspose has some kind of support for Microsoft Azure Information protection services to open protected documents or if there is some kind of guide about how working with such documents.
Maybe you can give a short statement if there is any support for that service or if you plan looking into it. I myself am not very familar with that topic neither but I will also do some more researches about how exactly that service works.

Kind Regards,
Daniel

@Serraniel

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that Aspose.Words for .NET is a class library that enables your applications to perform a great range of document processing tasks. You can use Aspose.Words for .NET where .NET is installed. Could you please share some more detail about your use case? We will then provide you more information on it.

Hi Tahir,

one of our customers wants to introducte Microsoft Azure Information Protection. They plan to add labels to their documents and to protect / encrypt them using Azure Information Protection. However, our software is currently used to manage the documents, automatically add headers / fotters, replace some custom fields and to control their workflows of distributing new revisions of the documents.
We would like to know if Aspose is able to handle documents which are labeled and / or protected by Microsoft Azure Information Protection Services or if there are plans to somehow combine both technologies.

Kind regards,
Daniel

@Serraniel

Thanks for sharing the detail.

Could you please share the document processing tasks that you want to do with documents that are labeled and/or protected by Microsoft Azure Information Protection Services? Please also share your input and expected output documents. We will check your requirement and update you accordingly.

Hi,

FYI: I internally issued a request to get some examples. This may take a while, I will attach them as soon as I got an answer.

Kind Regards,
Daniel

Hi,

we received the example documents. As mentioned in my initial post they are protected by Azure Information Protection, so Aspose currently is unable to handle them.

examples.zip (324.1 KB)

@Serraniel

Thanks for sharing the documents. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature. However, we have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-17433 in our issue tracking system. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is an update available on this feature.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@Serraniel

For documents (.xltm, .xlsm, .xltx, .xlsx), we have logged separate issue as CELLSNET-46335 in our issue tracking system. We will inform you once there is an update available on this feature.

Hi,

thanks for your replies and that you will have a look into it. In case you will implement the feature, would you also need an example file for Aspose.Slides? Or should I just open an issue in the slides section for it?

Kind regards,
Daniel

@Serraniel

Thanks for your inquiry. Please share the samples of PowerPoint documents.

Hi,

here are the example files:
example power point.zip (172.9 KB)

Kind regards,
Daniel

@Serraniel,

I have observed your requirements and regret to share that requested support is unavailable in Aspose.Slides as well for PowerPoint presentations. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-40543 has been created in our issue tracking system to provide requested support. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified one the support will be available.

1 Like

Hi,

I recognized that the issue status has been changed to postponed. I am aware that you cannot give an estimation in general but I wanted to ask if you may can give some information about your prioritization regarding our feature requests and the item status.

Kind regards and happy Christmas,
Daniel

@Serraniel,

Thanks for your inquiry. We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. We work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

You reported this issue in free support forum and it will be treated with normal priority. To speed up the progress of issue’s resolution, we suggest you please check our paid support policies from following link.
Paid Support Policies

Hi Tahir,

I got in contact with someone in the Apose.Purchase forum regarding paid support and the feature request. I was requested to ask here for an update of the status as the feature would depend on the general demand for it.
I also noticed that the issues (WORDSNET-17433, CELLSNET-46335 and SLIDESNET-40543) aren´t displayed any more on the page bottom like usually.

Kind regards,
Daniel

@Serraniel,

Unfortunately, there no update available on WORDSNET-17433, CELLSNET-46335 and SLIDESNET-40543 at the moment. You reported these issues in free support forum and were logged with normal priority in our issue tracking system.

Please have a look at the paid support options - e.g. purchasing ‘Paid Support’ will allow you to post your issues in our Paid Support Helpdesk and raise the priority of this issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

A post was split to a new topic: Azure Information Protection update

@Serraniel,

Regarding the ticket (logged earlier as “CELLSNET-46335”), we are afraid we could not support this feature. The files are encrypted, but there is no EncryptedInfo part which contains encryption algorithm and password settings in the file. It seems MS Excel will get EncryptedInfo from Microsoft Azure Information protection services after authority.