Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Background images are missing when converting Slide into image using Aspose.Slide for Java

Hi
I have one .pptx file and I am trying to create an image of my slide as follow:

inputStream = new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(pptFile));
PresentationEx srcPres = new PresentationEx(inputStream);
SlidesEx slds = srcPres.getSlides();
SlideEx sld = slds.get_Item(0);
BufferedImage image = sld.getThumbnail(calculateDimension(dim.getSize(), getWishDimension(dim.getSize(),params.getDimension())));

ImageWriteParam iwparam = new JPEGImageWriteParam(Locale.getDefault());
writer.write(null, new IIOImage(image , null, null), iwparam);

But in generated image all background images are cut off.

I am using jai-imageio-1.1.3.jar, aspose-slides-8.5.0.jar, aspose-metafiles.2.1.0.0.jar and aspose-imaging-2.1.0.0.jar

Thanks,
Hamid Porasl
hporasl@qumu.com

@hporasl,

I have observed your comments. Can you please try to use Aspose.Slides latest version 18.4 on your end and if there is still an issue than please share source files along with generated result and environment details so that we may further investigate to help you out.

Hi Adnan,

Are you sure this issue is related to the version of Aspose.Slides jar file? As I mentioned in my previous comments we are using version 8.5. I wonder if it is a known issue? I am asking this since I see many interface and class changes in the latest available version of the jar compare to version 8.5. I don’t want to make unnecessary changes in our code base if I am not sure this issue can be resolved with the latest available jar.

Do you have a test case in your side that shows background images in a PPTX file are not cut off if we convert the PPTX file to JPEG? In this case I would be pleased if you could share the PPTX file and your sample code/jar version with me.

I have asked our customer if it is OK to share their PPTX file with you. In this case maybe simply you can convert this PPTX file for us to jpeg and if it worked without cutting of the background images I can go ahead with my jar upgrade.

Thanks ,
Hamid Porasl

@hporasl,

I have observed your comments. Can you please try to use Aspose.Slides latest version 18.5 on your end. I also like to inform that support always provided based on new version so please try to use latest version. Also please share source files and generated result with us so that we may further investigate to help you out. I also like to inform that new version are improved and more updated as compare to previous versions.

Hi Adnan,

Thanks for your response.

Does it mean I can run my code with the new jar file using our license file that we have for Aspose.Slides version 8.5?

Is that possible for you to convert my test PPTX file to JPEG (we have asked customer for permission) to make sure background images are not getting lost with the latest Aspose.Slide jar? I need to be sure this is really an issue related to the Aspose.Slides version, since changing our code and adapting it to the latest Aspose jar interface requires a lot of regression test and I need to justify it if it is really needed.

Thanks,
Hamid Porasl

@hporasl,

I have observed your following comments:

You are referring to a legacy version license that is no longer supported with latest API. Aspose.Slides for Java 8.5 is roughly 4 years old API version that has been phased out and is no longer supported. I suggest you to please switch to latest Aspose.Slides for Java 18.5 API. The equivalent code for generating slide image using latest API can be found on this documentation link. If you still get same issue as reported using latest API, please share the source file and output with us and we shall log that in our issue tracking system.

Thanks for your reply. We have decided to upgrade to latest version of Aspose API. But you mentioned we have to retrieve a new license file. I would be pleased if you send me a license file that can be used for latest available version, i.e. version 18.5 API.

I am working for Qumu Inc and your product is used by us and we are paying license fees. As I understand I can ask for the latest license file (not the trial or validation license). I would be pleased if you send the license file and the installation procedure to my email account hporasl@qumu.com . For more information about license contract between Qumu Inc and Aspose please contact our project manager Eric Brown (eric.brown@qumu.com)

@hporasl,

I like to share that you need to upgrade the license by verifying the license expiry date. You are entitled to you use all product versions that have been release before expiry date of your license. Please visit this web link for more information about applying for temporary license as well as renewal of license. Moreover, for license related inquiries, I suggest you to please post your request in Aspose.Purchase forum to our sales team. They will guide you further in this regard.

This is a temporary license. I will try to reach your sales team

@hporasl,

If you have any technical inquiry related to API, you can share that with us here.