Bad results from a text search/replace

We are performing a simple text substitution against a PDF file and the results are not formatted as desired. Additionally, unrelated text is affected (see before and after images).

The first issue is that replacing <<>> in a table with a date breaks the table formatting of that cell. The text appears underlined instead of the cell having a border. Do we need to do more when changing the text to preserve the cell?

The second issue is that other characters in the text that are apparently unrelated to the substitution are being removed or hidden. Obviously other text shouldn’t be affected by the replacement.

I have attached standalone code to replicate this issue along with the input PDF. This sample has been tested on macOS with aspose-pdf-23.7-jdk16.jar and both issues have been observed in our normal application with both 23.7 and 22.3.

after.png (7.1 KB)
before.png (8.8 KB)
in.pdf (50.4 KB)
AsposePdfTest.java.zip (1.4 KB)

@mitchhayes

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): PDFJAVA-42997

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@asad.ali I have purchased Paid Support with my subscription. Can we treat this on a priority basis now? How can I get access to the Paid Support management team?

@mitchhayes

You should be able to login into https://helpdesk.aspose.com/ with the same email address that was used to purchase the paid support. Once you are logged in, you can create a post there with the reference to the ticket ID associated with this forum thread. Your issue will then be escalated to the priority support and you will be updated in the same paid support forum about issue progress.

@asad.ali I have done this as of around 3pm/3:30 EST on August 7th, around 9 hours ago. Please escalate internally if you can.

@mitchhayes

Can you please share the URL of the paid support topic you created there?

Paid Support Helpdesk - aspose.com

@mitchhayes

We have confirmed now and your ticket has been escalated to the priority support. You will receive response in the respective paid support ticket further about the ticket progress.