Bad table with JasperReports 6.2.0 and Aspose 17.12

Hello,

I have JasperReports 5.6.0 in use with Aspose.Words for JasperReports 17.12. If I’m using version 6.2.0 of JasperReports now, the structure of my tables in the output of Aspose is not correct.

The tables are offset in height and sometimes there are long empty columns. The output of JasperReports looks correct. I attached an example to this post. The DOCX from Aspose should look like
like the tables in the DOCX by Jasper. Is there a solution?

With Aspose 18.3 and JasperReports 6.2.0, the result looks a little worse.

Best regards, Achim

Tables.zip (25.9 KB)

@ohmstede,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJR-234. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello,

I 've tested the BUG WORDSJR-234 with Aspose 18.4.0. Unfortunately, the BUG is not resolved. The Table issue still behaves as described in the start post. Can you check again, please?

Best regards, Achim

@ohmstede,

Thanks for your inquiry. In your case, you need to use config option MOVE_ELEMENTS_TO_FRAMES and set its value to false. By default, its value is true.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJR-234) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.4 update.

@tahir.manzoor

Thanks for your help. That looks better. But if I set the option MOVE_ELEMENTS_TO_FRAMES to false, the information in the page footer of JasperReports in Word will be set as a footer. You can see that in my example above. Is there a solution for that?

Best regards, Achim

@ohmstede,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please ZIP and attach your expected output Word document here for our reference. We will then provide you more information about your query.

@tahir.manzoor

I have attached a new example (Tables2.zip), tested with JasperReports 6.2.0 and AsposeWords 18.4. There you can see the difference between the two Word documents. In Tables2Aspose.docx, the tables “Box …” are placed at the bottom as a footer in Word. Normally it should look like in Tables2Jasper.docx. Thanks in advance.

Tables2.zip (26.0 KB)

Best regards, Achim

@ohmstede,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJR-236. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

@ohmstede,

This issue ( WORDSJR-236) has been resolved in the latest version of Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.8. Please download it from here:
Download Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.8.