Bad type on operand stack

Hello,

we have been using Aspose.Words for JasperReports 23.10 with Jasperreports 6.18.1 for a long time without any problems. But if we now use the next version 23.11 of Aspose, then we get the error message “Bad type on operand stack”. Can you help us with this problem? Attached is an example program and the error message. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Achim
SimpleExample.zip (3.0 KB)

@ohmstede
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSJR-371

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi, I created tests for WORDSJR-371 with your files, and cannot reproduce the bug.

I closed the WORDSJR-371 with resolution - cannot reproduce.

In time around release 23.11 we updated Bouncy Castle library,
and it cause some problem with some Java VM.

Can you provide more information about your environment for your SimpleExample?

Hi, I used Java version jdk-8.0.412.8-hotspot. Attached is an overview of the loaded libraries via pom.xml

@ohmstede Thank you for additional information. We will check one more time and provide you more information.

@ohmstede

I checked all commits from Aspose Words for Java 23.11 release
And found something that looks suspicious and I can revert it in next Aspose Words for Jasper Reports 24.6

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): WORDSJR-375

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJR-375) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 24.6 update.

Hello,

thanks for the update 24.6. Unfortunately, we still get almost the same error message (see appendix). Do you have another idea for the problem? We are still using version 23.10 and would like to use a more recent version. Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Achim
SimpleExampleStacktrace2.zip (1.1 KB)

@ohmstede

Issue ID(s): WORDSJR-377