Badly formatted report looks like CSV rendered it not ACTXT

Hello Aspose Support,
After nearly 1 year since the last post, we have found out that the issue is stil alive.
What we see is that when we use ACTXT renderer in Reporting Services 2008R2, we get inconsistent rendered txt file (tsv) - sometimes the file is formatted correctly using tab delimited and in other occasions (on the same server) the file is badly formatted using commas.

I am using the latest version you recommended - 17.8.5.0
in rsreportserver.config file i have the following configuration:

<Extension Name="ACCSV" Type="Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.CSVRenderer,Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices">
				<Configuration>
					<DeviceInfo>
						<FieldDelimiter>,</FieldDelimiter>
					</DeviceInfo>
				</Configuration>
			</Extension>
			<Extension Name="ACTXT" Type="Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.TabDelimitedRenderer,Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices">
				<Configuration>
					<DeviceInfo>
						<FieldDelimiter>tab</FieldDelimiter>
					</DeviceInfo>
				</Configuration>
			</Extension>

under configuration folder of aspose: C:\Program Files (x86)\Aspose\Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices

this is the xml text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Aspose>
	<logger>
		<level value="No"/>      
	</logger>
	<License>
		<filename value=""/>
	</License>
	<CSVRender>
		<encode value="UTF8"/>
		<Delimiters value="	"/>
		<RenderTableList value ="False"/>
		<report name="" Mode="" encode="" Delimiters="" RenderTableList=""/>
		<NoOutPutIsValid ALL="False"/>
	</CSVRender>
	<Password value="">
		<EncryptionType></EncryptionType>
		<KeyLength></KeyLength>
	</Password>
	<Client>
		<DateParamterFormat value=""/>
	</Client>
  <AutoFit>
    <Row value ="True"/>
  </AutoFit>
  <Page>
    <SheetName value="default"/>
  </Page>
  <Performance>    
    <Report name=""/>      
  </Performance>  
</Aspose>

Any recommendation we can have ? this is production component and our customer cannot use the comma delimited tsv files which should have been created with tab delimiters.

Thanks
Boaz

@boaz.goldstein

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We will check if Delimiter value in Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml is incorrect and find the root cause of this issue. Once, the issue is fixed or we have some other news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSRS-532 - Delimiters value in Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml seems to be incorrect

@boaz.goldstein

Thanks for using Aspose APIs.

Please set debug mode in Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml on each server and post all Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.log files here. We will check them.

Thanks Shakeel,
Will do.
does this require SSRS service restart?

Thanks
Boaz

Is this the correct way to set debug mode in the xml file?

Thanks
Boaz

@boaz.goldstein

Yes, this is the right way. You can refer to this post#3.

Restarting is always good because everything will reload. However, I need to confirm if restarting is necessary or not.

@boaz.goldstein

Yes, restarting SSRS service is necessary.

Hi,
The log is in debug mode since yesterday.
I will send it once i find issues.

Thanks
Boaz

@boaz.goldstein

Sure. Thanks for your cooperation in this regard and have a good day.

@boaz.goldstein,

For the issue “CELLSRS-532”:
We have tested the issues with your provided parameters. We get the correct results. When exporting CSV file, the field delimiter of the exported file is commas. When exporting txt file, the field delimiter of the exported file is tab.

We tested using our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for RS v18.2.5. Please download our latest version/fix (Aspose.Cells for RS v18.2.5) here.

If you still find the issue with v18.2.5, kindly describe your issue in details and which other occasions you find the issue and we will create the same environment to test your issues.

Hi Aspose Support
Currently we use aspose.cells version 17.8.5
Today again we have customers complains of badly formatted tab-delimited (tsv) output of the ACTXT extension.
We have change logging level to DEBUG since May 2018 and by now the log is ~382MB on one of our reporting servers.
Today exactly at 6:39:05 AM (EST) a report was executed with “tsv” format output parameter. the result at 6:42:49 AM came out improperly delimited using “,” character instead of tab.
Following is an excerpt from the original log file created in the report server which have produced the wrong format at 6:42:49 AM:
Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.zip (16.9 KB)
Next is the report itself -
bad_report.zip (485.2 KB)

I prefer if you could please take a look and try to trace back for a potential problem in the specific execution instance which yielded the wrong format although it was indeed requested to be delimited with tabs.
Upgrade to version 18 should be considered after we try finding the root cause of this problem.
Thanks
Boaz, Sizmek

@boaz.goldstein,

We have tested your requirements with provided parameters but we did not notice the issue. Please test the same with suggested version and let us know your feedback. We hope you will not face the issue as we have tested it on our end.

Thanks Ahsan
Seems like the behaviour is inconsistent and is a result of an unexpected issues in the code.
In the last iteration which i have opened the case with Aspose - we ended up upgrading to the version we use right now (17) from a much earlier version - and although Aspose support did mention it should be fixed - we still face the same issue.
I do not want to be in a place where i constantly upgrade the versions but the issue is not resolved.
Did you look in the log file i sent?
Can you confirm the bad format delimiter in the report file i attached?

Thanks
Boaz

@boaz.goldstein,

As requested earlier, please try this scenario using latest version and share the feedback. Testing with the latest version is highly recommended as up-gradation are always done to resolve different type of issues in our newer versions. If you still face issue, please share your RDL and template files for our testing here.

Hi Ahsan
Can you please provide download link to the DLL itself?
The link you sent is for downloading the MSI which is not prefered.
Latest file i got from you last year and installed was:
ACRS2012.V17.8.5.zip
Inside only:
Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll

Thanks
Boaz

@boaz.goldstein,

You may please try to download the Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices_Dllsv18.2.ZIP file which contains DLLs for Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices v18.2 and provide your feedback.

Thanks Ahsan
I noticed that DLLs inside the Zip you sent - are all Aspose cells version 18.2.0.0
image.png (15.8 KB)
You mentioned version 18.2.5.
Can you please resend the link?

Thanks
Boaz

@boaz.goldstein,

It is better you download and install the fix using MSI Installer of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services (the link for v18.2.5 is already provided in one of our previous posts).

Anyways, you may try using the Dlls version of the latest fix/version (Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v18.2.6) here if it works for your needs.

@boaz.goldstein,

Moreover, was the report definition file created by Aspose.Cells for ReportingServices Client?

Hello Amjad and Ahsan @ Aspose support
Aspose.Cells 18.2.5 was deployed in our production Reporting services 2012 farm (3 servers working in scale-out config).
As I anticipated - the problem still occurs with the newer version.
What i would like to check is whether caching problem can explain this issue…?
Our reports are executed using a custom delivery extension, which gets the execution parameters of a single report using a data-driven subscription in SSRS. Format input variable, at some cases may be actxt or accsv as expected by aspose dll and extension definition in rsreportservice.config file.

Any other way we can explain this?
How can we understand where is this issue coming from?

Thanks
Boaz