Bar code position was changed when convert DOC to PDF

We are using Aspose.Words 10.0.0.0 to convert word documents to pdf. We noticed if the word documents have two bar codes on the bottom of the page, after it's converted, one of the bar code is moved to the top of the page. We need them to stay at the same position for auto-recognition. A sample file (before/after conversion) is attached.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words (13.3.0), I was unable to reproduce this issue on my side. I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words. You can download it from the following link:

I hope, this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Thanks for the quick response. The latest version does solve the bar code issue. But we found another issue. After the conversion, it shift some of the content. As you can see in the attached file, "77 88" was moved to another row. We also found for some word documents with tables, it shift some rows to the previous page. Are we missing any settings?

Thanks!

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 13.3.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-8074. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

Do you have any estimated timeline when this problem can be solved? We are in the production rollout stage and waiting for this issue to be resolved before converting any word document to PDF.

Thanks!

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Our development team has completed the analysis of this issue; the problem occurs because Microsoft Word layout compatibility option 'User printer metrics to display documents' is currently not supported. This option is normally enabled in .doc files only but not in .docx files. The option involves querying printer capabilities and it is platform-dependent. You may turn off this option to work around this problem. Moreover, I am afraid, we can't provide you any reliable estimate at the moment. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8074) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.