Barcode DataMatrix Mil-Std-130N

I'm trying to use the barcode control to generate a datamatrix. Visually, the barcode looks fine. My test reader will also read the barcode correctly. However, when I run the barcode through a verifier I'm having some trouble.

I'm trying to generate a barcode to comply with US Government UID standards. One of the pieces of information I've been given is that I need to have a mil standard of 130N (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIL-STD-130N). I believe this follows ISO/IEC 15434 and ISO/IEC 15459.

Please let me know if there is somthing I need to do to configure the control to generate this type of image.

Hi,

Thank you for inquiry.

I am sorry, the Datamatrix generated by us do not comply with the above standard. We will do some investigation on it and will update you here.

Could you please tell us some more details about the verifier that you used. Is it hardware or software based?

The verifier we are using is a Microscan UID DPM Compliance Verifier.

I've attached the spec sheet for this verifier as a pdf.

In the attached doc you will see the verification standards used to measure the compliance of a barcode generated for the US DoD. (ISO/IEC 16022, ISO/IEC 15415, AS9132, AIM DPM Guidelines, and MIL-STD-130).

We know that the Aspose barcode control will encode the UID data properly. However, the verifier will not validate the structure of the datamatrix. We assume because the barcode generated by your control is missing one or more of the standards listed in the attachment.

I look forward to your response.

Hi,

Thank you for the information. We will get back to you shortly with the analysis and feedback.

Hi Kris,

Please accept our apologies for not getting back to you sooner than this.

Recently we had some progress in this matter. Attached to my reply are two samphle DataMatrix barcode images, that we hope should comply the MIL-STD-130N standards. Can you please give them a try on DPM Compliance Verifier and share the detailed reports produced by it?

Thanks in advance.

After an inital test with two barcode readers. It looks like these have the same problem as before. With the Motorola scanner we can read both barcodes. But with a Datalogic scanner we cannot read either one.

I've tasked someone to setup our Verifier. I'll let you know when we get any results.

There was an error in the previous post. The Datalogic scanner we used for the quick test was not setup to read a Datamatrix. After correcting the problem we discovered that we still cannot read the first barcode with the Datalogic scanner (the Motorola is fine). But the second one we can now read with both a Datalogic scanner and a Motorola scanner.

Still waiting on the verifier to be setup.

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have attached your comments to the ticket associated with this thread and we are looking forward to the results of DPM verifier.

Regards,

Attached you will find the Compliance Results for both of the scanned barcodes. As you will see, both of the images failed their overall compliance test. However, the first barcode completely failed because the verifier couldn't decode the image. The second barcode only failed due to a poor print quality (this most likely can be corrected through different rendering formats and printer quality).

I'd say that whatever you changed looks like it's on the correct path.

When can I get a new version of the control so we can run/test this through our application?

Hi Kris,

Thank you so much for your efforts in improving our product.

The changes made to the DataMatrix generator of Aspose.BarCode for .NET can reflect in our upcoming release, that is scheduled for the following week. For a confirmation, I have logged a request and currently waiting for the feedback from the development end. As soon as I get any updates, I will let you know here.

Hi Kris,

I am afraid that the upcoming release of Aspose.BarCode for .NET will not include the changes made to the DataMatrix generator. Due to the reason that there is still some work to be done in this regard.

We will provide you a hotfix version as soon as development team gives a go ahead.

Thank you for your patience and consideration.

I’m currious to know if this fix has made it into this latest release of Aspose.Barcode for .Net (4.7)?

Hi Kris,

I am sorry for not attending your request earlier.

I had to check back with the development team on your request, therefore it took some time. I can confirm you now that your required feature will be available in upcoming release of Aspose.BarCode for .NET v4.8.0.

We will inform you as soon as a fix is available for public use.

Hi Kris,

Please find the attachment for an archive containing the test symbols. Will it be possible for you to run them through the compliance verifier and provide the detailed reports as you have provided in previous testing?

We really appreciate your patience and co-operation. Thank you.

We currently do not have a verifier setup to evaluate a general datamatrix. The only one we currently have available is setup for verifying “UID” datamatrix which requires a specific data format. So the reports all spit out a failure.

Aside from that, we were able to read labels 1-6. The verifier wouldn’t even attempt to read the rest.

FYI… We have a division of our company that specializes in barcode hardware. If you are interested, I can get a quote on a verifier if you’d like to purchase one. Or you can contact Scan Planet at (800) 842-2790. Or visit the web site http://www.scanplanet.com/. Let me know.

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I have attached your comments to the ticket for the development team’s review. As soon as I hear further, I will let you know here.

Regarding your help in purchasing a verifier of our own, we really appreciate your help. I have mentioned this in my comments as well, and I hope the management will look into this matter very soon.

Regards,

I see that you've now release Aspose.BarCode for .NET version 5.0.

Can you tell me whether or not the code that resolved this issue is available in this build?

Hi Kris,

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

I am afraid the ticket attached to this thread is still unresolved, and the latest version of Aspose.BarCode for .NET v5.0.0 does not include the fix for it. I have requested the development team lead to share the insight of this issue so I may portray the exact picture. As soon as I receive the updates, I will post here for your kind reference.

Regards,

Hi Kris,

It's to update you that recently our development team has implemented new algorithm. Attached to my reply is a single DataMatrix barcode image that we hope should comply the MIL-STD-130N standards. Can you please give it a try on DPM Compliance Verifier and share the detailed reports produced by it?

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-26883) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.