Barcode image

i need to create images from the barcode control and i did this

Dim MYG As System.Guid

Dim MYF As New System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat(MYG)

BarCodeControl1.SaveImageAs("C:\test.gif", MYF)

and it's working, but i need to to this from a webpage and the webbarcodecontrol do not have the saveasimage

what can i do in an aspx vb code to generate images?

regards

Ivano Panichelli

Hello,

Thank you for considering Aspose.BarCode!

First of all, do you intend to save the image on the server or return an image for the client to save?

If you meant to save the file on the server, you could do this:

BarCodeWebControl1.BarCodeImage.Save("c:\\test.jpg", System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg);

However,this rarely happens, and you may not have rights to write to server's disks. If you meant to return an image, to let the client user to save it, actually, BarCodeWebControl already generated an image on the page, that user could always right click the image and choose "save picture as". Please tell me if I misunderstood anything.

I do not have the

BarCodeWebControl1.barcodeimage.save method and

i don't have as well the

BarCodeWebControl1.barcodeimage

anyway i found:

Me.BarCodeWebControl1.ImageCreator.SaveImageAs("c:\inetpub\public\" & rs1(2).Value & ".gif", System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Gif)

but how to set licence from the asp.net vb code

regards

Hello,

Please make sure you are using the latest version.

Here's a sample VB.NET website, I created a sub folder named "license" under the website root, and put the license file "aspose.total.lic" inside that folder. Then I created a webpage contains a BarCodeWebControl, in the page_load method:

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

If Not IsPostBack Then
Dim lic As Aspose.BarCode.License
lic = New Aspose.BarCode.License()
lic.SetLicense(Server.MapPath("./license/aspose.total.lic"))
End If

'Testing
Me.BarCodeWebControl1.CaptionAbove = New Aspose.BarCode.Caption("Welcome")
Me.BarCodeWebControl1.CaptionAbove.Visible = True

'Save to server and use external program to open the image
Me.BarCodeWebControl1.BarCodeImage.Save("test.jpg", System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg)
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("test.jpg")

End Sub

If license file is valid, you could see the Aspose.Demo label removed, and in the sample above, be changed to "Welcome".

Best Regards!

ok but in this way i have to upload my licence file and i do not lite it.

i see that i have in winforms a barcodebuilder.

it look something like a class to create barcode.

if i have something else then a control i could create a dll the create barcode images

p.s.

if i use versione 1.6.0.0 in window form designer as soon as i place the control on the form i get 13 warnings like:

Me.BarCodeControl1.BorderMargins : property will be ignored

Me.BarCodeControl1.CheckSumVisible: property opsolete use instead ...

an so on

i can fix it going in designer but it's not pratice at all

any advice?

Regards

Hello,

Thank you for considering Aspose.BarCode!

Those properties exist only for compatible reasons, so that former codes using former versions of barcode can still run under the lastest version. Please simply ignore them for the time being, we will fix that in the next release. Thank you for pointing out.

As for your first question, please try out Aspose.BarCode.BarCodeBuilder, it is for backend barcode generation.

Best regards!